Investigation Initiation

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

I'm currently working through all the records that Sullivan gave me access to, and let me tell you, it's a lot! So many financial and attendance records, endless seas of words on paper. It's nostalgic and annoying at the same time, making me think of home. It's not as boring though since instead of the normal drudgery I'm used to, this stuff has a more interesting purpose.

I sense someone running in the hallway toward the door to the room I'm in and I quickly notice that it's Iruma. He seems pretty frantic about something. It doesn't take long before he's bursting through the door, looking desperate and panicked.

"Rimuru, we have a big problem!" Iruma shouts as he rushes through the door frantically.

"What's up?" I ask calmly.

"This Ronove guy is going to try to dissolve the Student Council! He wants to create a new one where he's in charge!" Iruma sputters out in between his gasps for air. He must've run to get here.

Him again?!

I let out an irritated sigh, not wanting to deal with that buffoon again.

"Oh great...that guy?"

"You know about him already?" Iruma asks, looking confused.

"Yeah, I ran into him once while helping the Council. He tried to coax me into joining his battler, but I said no since he was so annoying. I also didn't want to go back on my word either, since I promised Ameri I'd become a member of the Student Council." I briefly explain.

"What are we going to do?! He had a big list of signatures from people who want the Student Council to be disbanded! With how she is right now, I'm not sure how Ameri can defend herself!"

I sigh again and set down what I was working on.

"This is exactly what I warned her about..."

"What?" asks Iruma.

"If that many people want to take her down, that's a consequence of how she ran things. I told her how ruling primarily with fear and dominance isn't sustainable, but she didn't listen to my advice. You personally saw how things are run in Tempest; my people adore me for what I did for them, they aren't simply terrified of my strength. If anything, they take comfort in it as it shows I have the power to back up what I say."

"That doesn't mean that she needs to lose her job as President of the Student Council..." Iruma mutters in protest.

"Maybe it does," I say seriously.

"Wha-...how could you say that?!" sputters Iruma.

I sigh, "Mistakes have consequences, she'll learn from this in the long run. Although...I wouldn't exactly like to have Ronove in charge of the student body..."

"So are you going to help? Please, Rimuru, I don't want Ameri to lose her position, she cares so much about it!" Iruma pleads desperately.

What do you think, Ciel? Does that guy have what it takes to actually bring Ameri down? He doesn't seem to be smart enough to do that.