Problems With Children

Start from the beginning

"I was just using it and it made a horrible noise and went black. Now I can't get it to turn back on."

"Hmmm...we probably overused it. Lord Veldora likes to use it quite often too, so if he used it a lot recently before we decided to, that would explain why it stopped working. But that noise...I wonder what caused that."

Rimuru POV

{{Baby Brother?}}

I sit up with a start, Velzard's voice suddenly appearing in my mind.

{{Uh...yeah? D'you need something?}}

{{That wasn't you a moment ago, was it?}}

{{I'm not sure what you mean.}} I reply, a bit confused and cautious. It's not like Velzard to randomly contact me like this; she normally prefers to just show up with no warning instead.

{{That little toy of yours, the one you use to keep an eye on the world; were you perhaps using it to spy on your dear older sister? I don't mind you giving me attention, but I prefer you come and visit over watching me from a distance. Or maybe you were doing it to annoy Guy?}}

{{You mean my Argos system? Nah, I'm not using it right now.}}

{{And you didn't ask anyone to test its ability to monitor the frozen continent, correct?}}

{{No, why would I need to do that?}}

{{Thank you, Baby Brother.}}

{{No, wait! What's this about?}} I pry. This doesn't seem like something I can just leave alone, even though I don't really want to deal with it.

{{Don't you worry your little head about it.}}

And then the connection cuts off before I can get anything more from her.

What in the world was that about?

Iruma POV

"And this is the mighty Control Room, one of Rimuru's most ingenious devices!" a familiar voice booms after the door flies open.

It's Veldora, along with a few others. My Grandpa, for some reason, is with him, and so is Ramiris, that fairy Demon Lord. Her subordinate that I think is called Beretta is in their group too, with Ramiris resting on their shoulder.

Grandpa immediately hugs me.

"My precious grandson, I didn't expect to find you down here! Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, I'm having fun," I reply.

"Oh! It's the kid! Hiya, what brings you down in my Labyrinth!?" Ramiris flies right up to me and does a lap around my head once before stopping, her hands perched on her hips and her chin raised high."It's soooo impressive, isn't it? Right? Right?!"

"I'm showing the boy the Argos system," Benimaru explains to her. "But it broke a moment ago, so I guess we're done with it for now."

"Yeah, guess I'll hav'ta call Rimuru in here to fix it again..." Ramiris grumbled as she gives one of the buttons a poke.

"Ramiris, we don't need to bother Rimuru about this! I, the Mighty and Magnificent Storm Dragon, can come to your rescue!"

"Are you sure, Master? Rimuru has always been needed to fix it when it breaks like this..."

"Although Rimuru is a genius, so am I, Ramiris! Fixing Argos will be no issue for someone as incredibly intelligent as me!"

"Lord Veldora, I'm sure it can wait for Lord Rimuru to be fixed," Benimaru interjects, trying to stop him, but Veldora isn't listening.