Chapter 11

Arya's Point Of View.

"Mom, today I met with Rigden. He is my patient. I mean his lower part of the body is temporarily paralysed. What happened to him over the years?", I asked.

"A year ago Rigden and his mother was going to attend a business matter out of town. On their way, they had a terrible accident. His mother passed away and he was in a comma for 7 months. And when he woke up he realized he cannot feel his lower body. He felt numb and later we got to know his lower body is temporarily paralysed. But he is recovering well. His dad and we are here", my mom said.

"And what about Tshogay? Where is she?", I asked my mom. "Who is she? As far as I remember his fiancee's name was  Lekshey but their engagement broke way before his accident", she said.

"Lekshey?", I was confused.

What did really happen over the years? And where is Tshogay? Why is she not here?

(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

It was almost midnight when I just looked at the sky from my window. While I was trying to run away from the memory of Rigden, I missed so many things that was important for me to know.

Few Hours Ago: In The Hospital.

"Do you know me? Do I even know you?", he said.

"Rigden, what are you talking about? It's me Arya, your best friend", I said as I approached closer to him.

"Oh, I didn't know I had a best friend too", he was sarcastic.

"Ma'am, is everything okay? Thank God, you are alive. We thought you must be probably...de...dead...uh...haha", the nurse awkwardly laughed after realizing what she just said.

"I think I should go. Bye ma'am", she said and ran away after realizing that Rigden looked pissed off.

"Why are you acting as if you don't know me. C'mon Rigden", few drops of tears ran down my cheeks.

"And why are you acting as if you know me? Oh my god, this woman has got crazy. How can this insane doctor treat me?", he threw another sarcastic laughter.

"You say you are my best friend, right? Which best friend ignores her friend for the last 5 years, huh? No messages, no calls? Well, that doesn't matter, but a friend should atleast reply to my text and messages, right? But where was my best friend? All these years, I've been dying to hear just a single word from my friend, just a simple hi and I missed you. But where was she? I probably made myself believe that I never had a best friend named Arya and she was just an illusion in my life. And now you are back after five years when you promised to return within two years. Wow, you are so great", he sarcastically clapped his hands.

"Huh...ha... I'm really sorry. Please forgive me. Don't say that you don't know me and I don't exist in your world", I said.

"Can you please leave me alone? I want some time alone. You may leave", he said and turned his wheel chair towards the other side.
(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

Back To The Present.

What could have really happened over the years?
Rigden looks completely defeated and numb, it's as if he has experienced several deaths over the years. While I was running away fromm the pain that followed me, I forgot Rigden must have needed me. I wasn't there when he needed me the most. And now I'm here, back again...to the same place where I left everything. And I just realized, I can never run away from him and his memories. I just realized wherever I go they'll follow me any way and no matter where I hide, they'll eventually trace me out.
(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠):⁠0

The next day:

"Hi...this is for you", I said and handed him a bouquet of white orchids(a symbol of apology) to him. As you know he is very angry and upset with me so he wouldn't take my flowers. I just forced the flowers on his lap but he threw that away on the floor.

"Huh, you are such a bastard. I'm being so nice to you and you do this to me? If you weren't my patient, I would have knocked you off", I said with a frown. I just talked to him in our usual and normal way for interaction.

"Oh my god, madam. Are you out of your mind? Look at him, he is boiling in anger", the nurse looked nervous.

"Don't worry, he won't do anything", I said and send her to collect the reports.

"Do you think, acting as if nothing has happened and acting as if your normal self will make everything alright? And damn this hospital and this freaking wheelchair. I'm tired of waking up everyday to see myself this way. And you think it's that easy?", he shouted and his every word was filled with remorse and pain.

"No...you are wrong Rigden. I never think it's easy. All the people have their own stories. All the people have their own share of problems and struggles. It's just that some people have bigger problems than some other. It's just that some pain and wounds take longer time to heal than some other people. But all the people do struggle and nothing is as easy as you think", I said and he said nothing but stare at me.

"Umm...well, I'll go and check on my other patients. I'll see you in a while. And till then, think of many ways to chase me away, okay", I smiled and waved him bye.

While I was about to close the door, I saw Rigden slowly pushing his wheel chair towards the flower which he threw away a moment ago. He slowly picked up that flower and looked at them and released a sigh.

"Huh, you are so stubborn. But I'll make you smile again", I whispered and smiled looking at him.