Chapter 7

Arya's Point Of View.

"Cheers to all the graduates. Thank you for these wonderful 4 years of togetherness", the leader of medicine faculty said. It was the last day of our college life and we were thrown a party for that.

I was seated at the corner and just watched what other people were doing. I didn't want to see but it was just Infront of my eyes, I couldn't even avoid it. Rigden and Tshogay were dancing a Partner dance.

They looked so comfortable and happy together. I'm happy for them but it still hurts so much to see the person you loved for so long with somebody else. It's really hard to unlove someone whom you've loved for so long. It's just that I smile everyday but it hurts a lot too. Deep within I still wish Rigden would run back to me, but it will only remain as my wish.

"Hey Arya, you look so upset. You still like him, right?", Lhazin said. Lhazin likes Rigden ever since we were freshers in college. But Rigden hates her for she always tried to push herself on him.

"That's none of your business", I said.

"Look Arya. I really like the fact that you gave him up for that girl Tshogay. Don't you think you deserve Rigden more than her?", she caressed my hands.

"Actually right! You have a point. I liked Rigden ever since we were kids. I waited for so long but only to be snatched by her? I should do something to get him back. Should I throw her in the swimming pool over there? I mean she can't swim. Should I mix poison in her drink? What should I do?", I said and she smiled.

"Huh, you are such damn bitch", I rolled my eyes on her.

"What do you mean?", She gave me a hard stare.

"What? Do you expect me to do such disgusting thing to her? I mean seriously? It's true, I still love him. But I'm not that low to do such disgusting thing to anybody else.

"Actually, thank God I gave him up to Tshogay and not you. Tshogay is so much better than you. She is kind, humble, down to the earth and she truly loves him. Probably that's why Rigden likes her a lot", I pushed her away.

"You know what, if you had ever truly loved someone, you would only care about their happiness, not your silly kind of a desire. I love him from all my heart, and That's why I probably don't want to push myself on him. Because I know he's happiness lies on someone else. I'm just happy seeing him from afar. And someone like you will never understand that", I sighed in pain.

"You are way more stupid than I thought. Serves you right!", Lhazin looked angry.

"Whatever... I don't care. Get lost from my sight. Otherwise, do you remember 3 years ago how I almost broke your hands. And you must remember my slap", I gave her a fierce look.

She rolled her eyes and went away from me. But something is fishy. She's surely planning for something big.

I went to the washroom to check on myself and when I returned I saw a message from Tshogay. She told me to meet near the swimming pool. We were in the same roof, why would she text me? It's weird.

Anyhow, I went towards the swimming pool and waited for her to come. After a while Tshogay came and stood Infront of me.

"Hey, why did you call me here?", She asked.

"Hmm? That's what I'm suppose to ask you", I said.

"I mean you messaged me to come here", she showed me her phone and she did recieve a message from me. But I didn't send her any message.

"I got your message too", I showed her my phone. "But I didn't text you", she looked confused.

While we were in confusion, I got a call from someone unknown. I turned around to pick the call. Since the network was low I went few steps towards the open air.

###################################

Rigden's Point Of View.

I was having a drink when Lhazin came and sat beside me. "Hey Rigden, It's been a while", she smiled. Huh!!! Why is she speaking in a seductive tone? I really hate this girl. "Hi", I said and changed my seat.

"Actually I have to show you something", she said and followed me. "I don't wanna see anything", I said and continued my walk.

"It's about Arya, your friend", she said and I stopped.

"What do you wanna say about her?", I asked.

"Do you think she is really happy for you two? She is just looking for a chance to snatch you back from Tshogay. Here listen to this", she said and opened the voice recorder in her phone.

"I liked Rigden ever since we were kids. I waited for so long but only to be snatched by her? I should do something to get him back. Should I throw her in the swimming pool over there? I mean she can't swim. Should I mix poison in her drink? What should I do?", it sounded like her voice.

"I don't believe this. She is not that kind of a girl", I said and just then I heard the splash of a water and I saw Tshogay drowning in the swimming pool and Arya was near to her. I ran towards the swimming pool to help Tshogay.
###################################

Arya's Point Of View.

"Sorry wrong number", I said and put off the phone. Just then I heard the sound of a splash of water and as soon as I turned around I saw Tshogay drowning in it. I immediately jumped into the water to save her. I swam towards her and as soon as I caught a hold of her, someone pushed me away.

It was Rigden who pushed me away. But why did he do that? He held Tshogay in his arms and took her out of the swimming pool. I followed them and came out of the pool too.

Tshogay looked completely exhausted and she was coughing. She looked scared too.

"Hey are you okay?", I came and caressed her back but then Rigden pushed me away again. I fell on the ground and bruised my hands.

"What the hell Rigden?", I shouted as I stood up.

"You are asking me that? I can't believe you did that", he said.

"What did I do?", I asked.

"This whole drama. I thought you are the best woman in my life but it turns out that you wanted to remove the woman I love from my life. Why are you acting so innocent? Aren't you the one who pushed her in this pool?", he shouted.

"Rigden, there is a confusion", Tshogay said but she was finding it hard to speak. She was choking.

"What is this huh?", He took the phone from Lhazin's hand and played the recorder. Damn...that bitch planned this whole thing.

I didn't say anything and just looked at him. I don't know why was I even crying. Tears won't stop rolling down from my eyes.

"Huh...hah...huh...hah", I sobbed.

"Now why are you crying? Do you have any explanation for that? Why did you act to be so nice all this time? Was it fun?", I could see the pain in his eyes too.

"Huh! What should I say, huh? You already made the conclusion, why should I convince you about my innocence? We have been friends for so long, and today I realized you never really knew me well. You believe this bitch more than me, what should I say? Do you really think I would do that?", I said with a shaky voice.

"I didn't think you would do that. But what's all this? I trusted you the most", he had a tears in his eyes.

"You already set a mindset about me, so yeah... let's say I did everything. It was all my planning", I said. And from inside I was dying.

"You know what, I hate you now", he said and took Tshogay in his arms and left the spot.

As he went away, I remained there at the same spot...all broken and shattered. Many people were there, I was surrounded but I felt so empty. I felt lonely and helpless. It was the first time feeling that way. The most important person of my life doesn't believe me and now probably hates me.

I stood at the same spot and just watched him walking away from my life. I just stood behind of him, looked at my bruised hands and whispered, "Is love really that painful? Why is it have to be me?".

I just watched him go away from Behind. Only Behind of him!