Chapter 9

After 5 years.

Arya's Point Of View.

"Huh, I'm finally here to my home country", I smiled as I came out of the airport.

It feels so good to be in our own land after so long. Five years is a long time to visit the place once I was so in love. I actually planned to study for 2 years. Just a nursing course, but then I decided to do MBBS and I'm here. Huh, I wanted to finish my studies at the age of 23 but now I'm 28. But it's okay, I have achieved what I wanted to. Over the years, Bhutan has changed a lot. I can see the bits of development and the change in environment. Sri Lanka is a nice place. The environment is beautiful too, but nothing feels better than your own country. Houses are everywhere, but not all the houses can be a home, right?

"Arya, welcome home. We missed you" my parents said as I entered the house. "I missed you too mom, dad", I hugged them.

"You didn't even made a call to us. We were so worried about you", my mom said.

"I'm sorry, mom. I was just too busy studying. You know MBBS is not a piece of cake for anybody. And I called you once a month", I laughed.

"But then since you are here, I'll cook your favorite dishes everyday. I can't believe my little daughter has grown this big" my mom kissed my forehead.

"Yes, honey. We can't even realize how fast the night changes", my dad smiled.

(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

I entered to my room after 5 years, and nothing has really changed. It is still the same as how I left them. The colour of my curtain is still the same. My bed and wardrobe is still the same. The paintings and pictures on the wall is still the same too. The only difference I found was that my plants have grown healthier. My parents really did take care of my plants.

After taking the shower, I unpacked my stuffs. While putting my stuffs back in the wardrobe, I found the picture of me and Rigden at the corner of the wardrobe. I took the pictures in my hands and smiled.

Then I took out the whole box where I kept Rigden and my memories hidden and opened them. The first thing I saw was the first time we took our picture. It was during the school days when I first initiated a conversation with him.

Few years back: During their middle school days.

I was new to that surrounding. Actually I forced my parents to put their transfer letter here to this place as I wanted to attend the same school as Rigden. I mean you know I liked him since the first time I saw him in the music camp.

We were in the middle of shifting our stuffs in the new house when I heard the sound of a guitar playing. I put my stuff down on the ground and headed towards where the sound was coming from. It was coming from the house next door.

A boy was playing the guitar and the tune of guitar looked kind of sad and warm at the same time. He was turning his back towards me so I couldn't see his face.

I approached closer and just then I slipped my foot and fell on the ground. The guitar stopped playing.

"Ah...so embarrassing. Why do I have to fall down now?", I murmured. I raised my head to see that guy and to my astonishment, it is Rigden. The one I was looking for. I smiled at him but he said nothing and turned his back and started playing his guitar again.

I stood up immediately and cleaned the dirts from my clothes. I can't believe he is my neighbor. Even god wants us to meet. Should I go and talk with him? What should I say? Hi? Sup? Oh my god, I'm so nervous.

I slowly went there and stood Infront if him. He was still playing guitar though I was Infront of him. It was as if, he didn't want me to see the pain in his eyes which were flowing through the music. I smiled looking at him but all he did was stare at me and then back to playing his guitar. After a while, he stopped playing his guitar.

I smiled at him but then he did nothing.

"It's okay, all the people will have their downfall at some point of their life. Sometimes it's get so hard on us that we just want to run away. But good days are yet to come. So cheer up", I said.

"Umm...what do you mean?", he asked.

"Your music kind of looks sad. I mean it's as if you are telling someone to come and hug you", I said.

He said nothing and just stared at me. Now his eyes look less painful. Maybe, he is not feeling lonely anymore.

"Ah... actually, hii. I'm Arya. I live next door to your house. Just moved in today. And you play very well", I was so excited.

"Hmmm", he said.

What the hell. He didn't even introduce himself. I mean I know about him but he should atleast introduce himself.

"Umm...hhhe", I awkwardly smiled.

Just then, someone called us. "Hey kiddos, give me some pose. I'll click your picture. I've purchased this Palaroid Camera just today. It gives instant picture", some unknown man said.

"Sure, thank you", I smiled and sat beside Rigden.

"Hey...smile okay", I said and held his hand.

"What are you doing?", he turned his face towards me trying to get off of my hands. "It's just a picture", I pouted.

"Here, you go", that man gave me two pictures.

"Thank you so much uncle", I smiled.

"Here you go. I'll keep this one and you can keep this", I said.

He looked at the picture and smiled slightly.

"Can I really keep it?", He said.

"Hmmm, yeah", I giggled.

"By the way, I'm Rigden", he said.

"Haha, I know ", I said and he gave me a confused look.

"I mean nice to meet you, hehe ", I smiled awkwardly.
(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

Back to present.

"Huh, I wish I could forget you. But I can probably not", I sighed.

(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

It was my first day at my work. I mean I'm a doctor now. I'm a physiotherapist. Hmm...I can do it.

"Mam, your patient is waiting. You know I told you about that dangerous patient? Urgh...mam we cannot handle him...he is a freak. All he does is shout at us and throw things at us. Hahuh, I wish we could change the patient", the nurse looked so stressed and tired. She was almost crying.

Oh my god, will it be hard handling this patient?