Chapter 11

Bonnie smiled being surrounded by her friends at her baby shower. They practically had to force Stefan out of the door for a couple of hours so they could have it. Elena, Caroline, Emily, and Austyn all gathered to have a little fun with their friend (and mother) and Bonnie was glad that she was feeling better than she has in the past few days and felt even better when her friends arrived.

So far they've only talked but not so much about the things they really want to mindful that Austyn was present but said as much as they could and now it was time to open the gifts.

"Open mines first." Emily said smiling.

Bonnie grabbed the bag out of her hand smiling before reaching her head in the bag pulling out tons clothes. Bonnie frowned in nostalgia holding up the onesies and other small outfits. "Aw, thank you."

She chuckled, "You're welcome, Bon."

"Oh, I remember when you were this little, Austyn. You were so cute and chubby."

Austyn smiled. Bonnie grabbed the next gift that was in a blue box with a white bow. She read the card and thanked Elena before opening the gift. Her smile softened some as she pulled out the photo album setting the box to the side opening the box then laughed slightly seeing hers, Stefan's and Austyn's baby photos and an empty spot beside it.

"I kind of had to break in your house to get the photos, but it's a photo album that you could add all your photos of the baby and you all together. It's supposed to he five years worth, but that all depends on how many photos you take." Elena smiled.

Bonnie smiled at her then looked back down letting out a quiet breath hoping that she'll be around to be able to fill it up. Mentally shaking her head, she thanked Elena again then took the last gift on the table which was from Caroline. She opened the small box and pulled out the piece of paper before gasping.

"A spa day?!"

The girls laughed, "Yep," Caroline answered, "I know how- well I don't really, but I know one of these days you'll want to get away for a day."

"Thanks, Care."

"It's valid for the rest of the year so you have plenty of time to decide when you want to go."

"I have a gift for you, mommy."

Bonnie raised her eyebrows, "You do?"

She nodded. "I'll be right back."

The girls watched her hurry off upstairs and as she was getting that, Elena went in the kitchen to get the cupcakes that she had bought and Bonnie stood excusing herself following after her.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you something or more so ask you something."

She nodded, "Sure, what is it?"

"If something happens to me-"