Chapter 6

It's been a hot minute since Bonnie found herself in a church. She didn't even know when Stefan started to go, they never went in the years that they were together so she wondered what made him have a change of heart. He was rather popular too, at least with the ladies which she doesn't even know why she's so surprised by it. He was a hot, church boy "single" dad. Hell, if she wasn't with him, she'll be right in line too.

It was pretty funny seeing the looks on their faces when she walked in with his arm wrapped around her waist claiming her in such a subtle manner but yet obvious at the same time as they went to go check in Austyn into her Sunday School class. Bonnie got a tons of smiles and welcomes from everyone she passed and watched Stefan with unintentional lovey-dovey eyes as he engaged in conversation with folks after he introduced her as his wife and she spoke her hello.

She blames it on their close proximity that has her blocking out the words of others and focusing her attention on her man and her man only. She's not complaining but found it hard to focus with his arm around her and his sexy voice in her ear ringing loud and clear even though he wasn't directly talking to her. She wasn't sure if it was appropriate to kiss him so she wouldn't, but boy did she want to.

"We should get inside." Stefan said snapping her out of her thoughts.

He then smiled noticing her staring. "Were you staring at me, Bonnie?" He asked amused.

"I'm your wife, I get a free pass."

He turned towards her and rubbed their noses together stopping himself from kissing her like he wanted. She smiled grabbing his hand before walking with him inside the worship area.

[[]]

Stefan smiled looking at his Bonnie and daughter talk about church as Austyn was straddling her mother's lap holding her thumbs and her small hands rambling on. Bonnie couldn't wipe the smile off her face if she tried and she didn't want to. They were seated at IHop when she just sat in her lap and told her about her experience in class.

"Can I get you guys anything else?"

"No, we're good, thanks." Stefan answered.

Dan nodded and walked away to assist other customers.

"Are my two girls ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so." Bonnie said.

Austyn gathered her mother's face on her hands causing her to look at her then pressed her lips against the side of her face.

"I love you, mommy."

She smiled. "I love you too. Come here," Bonnie pulled her close hugging her with her eyes closed then kissed her cheek.

Stefan smiled watching the scene and felt like the luckiest man alive. Yes, he's been through a lot of hardships, but he would go through it all again if this would be the outcome every time. He has his girls together again and he honestly couldn't ask for anything more but he would. He was probably just being selfish but he really wanted a son. Not only would it even out the family, but he missed taking care of Austyn at that infant stage and something in him was screaming wanting to do it all over again. He also wanted someone to look after Austyn when he couldn't. Although their unborn son would be years younger than his sister, brothers always protect their sisters no matter the age and he would also show him how to when he gets old enough.