Chapter Nineteen - Clouds are closing in

Phayu came back late again, annoyed at the problems at work.  He walked into Rains apartment, "I am sorry I am late", he said to Rain, he gave him a kiss.  "Bro, you have been late for the last two weeks now" Saifah said.  He was sitting with Aurora, looking though a photo book.  "I dunno what is happening" Phayu said frustrated, "Its almost if last year troubles are happening all over again"  He cuddled into Rain.  

Rain looked at him, "on a scale to 1 to 10 - how worried are you?" he asked Phayu, "Honesty?" he asked Rain, and Rain nodded, "100" replied Phayu.  This shocked the group, they asked him a load of questions about it.

"Its hard to explain, but its like a re-run of last year" Phayu said, letting them know his concerns, "the same problems are happing the same way, even my boss has picked up the similarities"  Aurora was silent, she was thinking things though, "What are you and your boss going to do?" she asked.  "Well, we are keeping it between us at the moment, but it is looking like an inside job"   

They were all silent for a moment, "P'Phayu, does anyone at your company have a crush on you?" Aurora asked, they all turned and looked at her, "Think about it, last year this happened and you and Rain broke up, could have someone been pulling strings behind the scenes" She looked around the group, "You have not had any issues in the year you have been single, but the moment your back with Rain, you suddenly have the same problems happen again?"  

"I agree" Phayu said, "It did cross my mind" 

Rain thought about this possibility, he did not like it but is was a sound theory, "Phayu in the year we broke up, did anyone approach you?" he asked, trying to control the jealousy.  

"That's the thing, no one could approach me, I don't feel like anyone was paying special attention to me".  He looked towards Saifah for conformation, 

"No one really jumps out" Saifah confirmed," I mean people at your work were concerned, but I can't say I saw anyone jumping out to comfort you, maybe expect that one guy, but he seem to be more interested in where Rain could have gone" 

They all looked at Saifah, "What do you mean" Rain asked, "Well he would say to Phayu, well have you tried this place or that place, but after a while he just stopped" 

"That's not that strange, sounds like he was trying to help" said Rain. 

"Look, my boss and I are keeping an eye on it, hopefully we have an answer soon" Phayu said and the group moved on.   

A week later and Phayu was still having issues at work, they were sure it was someone within the company, but they could not just work it out who it was.  The frustration was getting to Phayu, so Rain suggested that after work and uni on Friday they all go out for a nice dinner.  They all had a nice dinner and went back to Rains apartment.  

"Wait" said Aurora, "Just need to check my post"  They waited by the doors, when Rain looked over at Aurora, her face was white and she was shaking. "Aurora!" he shouted, he walked quickly over to her.  He placed a hand on shoulder and she jumped.  He looked at her and saw real fear in her eyes, "Rain" she said, her voice shaking.  She showed him the post she had just received.  

It was a hand delivered envelope, in it was a simple note, "Found you, my golden princess.  We be together soon" in the envelope where photos of Aurora at Uni, with Rain on her balcony and at the club that they were at last week. "He is back" She sounded so frightened.

"Saifah" Rain yelled, he shocked the whole group, "Take her up to my apartment and do no leave her at all" He pushed Aurora to Saifah, who cuddled her and took her straight upstairs.  Rain ran out of the building and franticly searching the street, Phayu was not far behind him.  "Rain!" he shouted "What's going on?".  He had never seen Rain this angry or upset.