Season 2 Episode 1

AN: The first couple pars might be a bit weird but I will make sure to label where these episodes are the show

The drive was long and hard. Hard to sit through anyways. Spending this much time with Daryl was nice but I felt cramped in the seat as he drove for hours and hours. Days passed by and our gas was getting shorter. So short that we had to stop and dump Daryl’s truck and Shanes jeep. I had to change vehicles and go with Dale in the RV since everything was all full in Rick’s car.

 He had Lori, Carl, Sophia and, Carol. Glenn and Dale were in the front of the RV while T-dog,  Andrea and Shane sat in the middle. I laid in the back of the RV and stretched out on the bed where any other supplies we found were stored. 

We drove a couple more hours before I felt the RV slowing down to a crawl. This wasn’t exactly normal driving in the apocalypse so I decided to get up and go see what was going on. I held onto the walls as we slowly rolled on and saw Shane glance over to me

    “What’s going on?” I asked him and he shrugged as he looked to the window 

    “Looks like a pile up” he answered and I leaned down to look out the window and saw some abandoned cars going by. I straightened up and carefully made my way to the front and held onto Glenn’s seat 

    “Damn” I mumbled seeing the whole pile up of cars. No people but it looked pretty crowded with cars. “I don’t think we’re going to make it through this...can’t we go around?” I asked and looked at Glenn

    “I don’t think so...not without risking tipping over the RV” he answered and looked up at me. I huffed out and shrugged. He was right we needed the RV as long as we could so we couldn’t risk any more damage to the poor thing. A second later we came to a stop as we saw Daryl had come back around on his motorcycle to talk to us.

    “See a way through?” Dale called out to him and he nodded and gestured to him to follow him through the maze. 

    “Uh maybe we should just go back.” Glenn suggested as he looked to Dale then to the map where he pointed out a line for me to see “See there’s an interstate bypass--”

    “We can't spare the fuel” Dale cut him off and Glenn frowned at the idea.

    “Hey maybe when we get through this we can syphon some gas?” I suggested and looked to Shane to get his take on the idea. “I mean this place can hold a lot of supplies” I said and he looked at me then sighed heavily trying to think

    “Let’s just see where this takes us first. '' He answered and I nodded going along with it. Dale moved forward carefully weaving through the cars and Daryl was going slow enough for us to keep him in sight. I jumped as we heard the engine crack and then sputtering and steam came out of the front signaling we were indeed stopping right here.

    “That scared the hell out of me” I breathed as I got control of my racing heart and took a deep breath. I heard Glenn chuckle a little at my suffering and I gently pushed his shoulder “shut up” I said. When we came to a stop Dale got out of the RV and everyone else followed after. 

    “I said it...didn’t I say it?...a thousand times” Dale spoke irritated that it had happened even if he did say it a thousand times. “dead in the water”

    “Problem Dale?” Shane asked as I stepped out of the RV and onto solid ground and looked up to see the sun almost at it’s highest point in the sky. 

    “Oh just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of--” Dale suddenly stopped and I looked to him to see he was looking all around to see nothing but the possibility of finding the right parts. “Okay that was dumb” Dale spoke and I smiled lightly as I stepped around Andrea and crained my neck to see how much further until we got out of this place.