Chapter 17 - The Cat Mascot and The Lion's Protector

Start from the beginning

It's the infamous bartender of the Cat's Tail and it's Mascot along with the cats, Diona. With pinkish hair, green eyes and a pair of ears and a tail. She has a unique set of eyes as well which have a star like shape. Wearing a cat themed dress which goes well with her ears and tail, she looks quite cute, adorable and lovely.

I had seen her on a few occasions but she would just hmphed and walked away from me. I didn't understand why she is acting like that towards me so I had asked Margaret about it and she explained to me about why and I was pleasantly surprised.

Turns out her father drinks a bit too much and becomes wasted, which led to her hating alcohol to the point she would hate anyone who drinks or sells it. She openly said one time in my presence that she would destroy Mondstadt's wine industry. And though she must've said it seriously I couldn't help but find it quite cute. She also tries to act very mature which is quite cute as well.

It is also a thing to note that she has phenomenal talent in making juices that any kind of concoction she makes tastes great. It's quite hilarious that one who hates wine is also able to make tasty ones as well. She also hates Diluc with a passion due to his business.

"Hey Diona. How are you doing?" I asked her with a smile.

"Hmph! Fine." Diona said as she crossed her arms.

"I'm glad to hear that. Oh, I have a present for you." I said as I took out something from my pouch.

"Oh? What is it?" Diona asked curiously.

"Here." I said as I showed her a cat's toy stick.

Immediately her body became rigid at the sight of the toy. Her tail stood straight as well as her ears as she looked at the toy. I waved it in front of her as her eyes moved with the toy attached to the stick using the string.

"W-W-What do you th-think you're doing?" Diona stuttered as her body shook.

"Hmm? I don't know. You tell me." I said with a teasing smile as I waved the toy.

I wanted to see for how long she will be able to endure this. She is part of the Katzlein Bloodline of Mondstadt as I had managed to learn who have the unique characteristics of having cat like features like their ears and tail. This also gives them a cat like instict I heard and it seems it is true.

"Do you want it?" I asked her.

"N-No." Diona said as her body started to twitch.

I stayed silent as I continued to move the toy in front of her waiting for her reaction.

"Nyaa!" Diona jumped after a few moments as she tried to grab the toy.

The others in the shop looked at our direction at that but Diona didn't seem to notice as she kept on trying to catch the toy. That's when I noticed that the other cats in the shop, hearing her, have also started to look at this direction. Or more accurately, the toy that is in my hand.

At that moment I came to a realisation.

"Oh no." I simply said as I looked at the cats.

No sooner than I said it the cat's all ran towards me. Thankfully I was quite tall and my arms were long so I moved the toy away from me as the cats all tried to get it which included Diona. I also noticed that Jean is looking at the scene dumbfounded along with the rest of the people in the shop which also includes Margaret.

"I should finish my drink." I said to myself before I started to drink .

I ignored the fighting cats and drank the apple juice. I also had to ignore Jean who is pouting at me for no doubt hogging all the cats. After I was done with my drink I gave the toy to Diona who grabbed it. She then hissed at the other cats much to my and the others amusement.