18. HURDLE IN THE WAY

Depuis le début

Sean Miller was a risk to my morality. He was everything I had learnt to hate growing up yet I didn't hate him, not as much as I should.

I was deep in these thoughts when I heard snoring coming from my right. I stared at Sean and found him asleep in an uncomfortable position, his head bobbing with every movement of the car.

Despite thinking of various reasons to hate him for the last two hours, I still felt soft towards him. "Fuck me." I whispered under my breath and scooted closer to him, letting him rest his head on my shoulder.

"Your boss is an arrogant prick. Do you know that?" I said to Thomas.

Thomas kept his eyes on the road, not giving me any attention.

"You can speak now. He is sleeping. We can have some chit chat." I said but he kept his eyes straight.

"Are you made of stone?" I asked.

When he didn't reply, I gave up and rested my head back. Sean's breaths were pricking my skin, making me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I hated feeling like that, specially when he was the one making me feel those things.

Yes there was a minute possibility that I might have a crush on him. So what? It wasn't my fault, was it? He was a handsome guy and I was at that hormonal age where a girl develops a crush on every tall, dark and handsome guy she meets. No harm in that, none as long as it remains just a crush and I keep hating his guts internally.

With that thought in mind, I let him sleep using me as a pillow.

The time stretched into hours and before I knew, we were just two hours away from our destination. We were traveling on an empty, deserted road that I have driven on multiple times. I knew it led straight to the city.

I had just closed my eyes to take a nap when the car stopped. I opened my eyes and watched as Thomas left the car and walked towards a jeep full of men. Apparently, they had blocked our path and were trying to get into trouble.

The disturbance had also awakened Sean, who let out a cute yawn and then followed Thomas towards those guys. Those guys seemed to be out of their minds because who in the right mind would try to fight a giant and a guy that looked like Sean.

Soon, a fight broke between them. There were eight of those and Sean and Thomas were two. But with the amount of muscles they had, they could easily dominate those eight men.

I rolled my eyes at the stupidity at those men and tried to step out when suddenly, a guy in mask stepped inside the car. I attempted to scream to alert Sean but that person put his hands on my mouth, blocking my voice.

My eyes went to Sean as I struggled to free myself but he was too far and too engrossed in showing off his domination on those men that he didn't notice.

Just then, that guy replaced his hand with something like handkerchief and within few seconds, I began to feel dizzy. My eyelids grew heavier and the last thing I remember was him and another person subtly dragging me out of the car.

•••

As I opened my eyes, darkness greeted me. I was in a constrained space that was moving but I couldn't figure out anything about my whereabouts. It felt like I was in the trunk of the car or something but I couldn't be sure. I didn't know where I was being taken to, or who were those men who kidnapped me. I just knew that I was scared shit.

"Is he following us?" I heard a voice.

"He must be. Drive faster." Another voice said.

"What are the orders? What do we do with the redhead?" The first guy asked and I got alerted at my mention.

"We have to keep her secure until the next order." The second guy said.

"How secure?" The first man asked with a dangerous glint in his voice. "Can't we enjoy with her at least?" His words made me shudder and I felt tears welling inside my eyes.

"I'm not sure she is my type." The second guy said.

"What's your type? 12 year olds." The guy said and I felt disgusted at that. How can someone joke like that?

"Anything under 18." The other person replied and I clenched my jaw.

Fucking pedophile.

"Well, I love my women pale, curvy and not a fucking child so she and I are gonna have fun tonight." The first guy said and I got goosebumps at the nape of my neck.

I rolled over and curled up into a ball, tears streaming down my cheeks in a long trail. I was kidnapped again but this time, I was stuck with actual bad guys with nasty intentions. All this time, I wanted to be away from Sean and now that I had finally escaped him, I wanted nothing more than him to find me again and take me away.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°