21-22

Chapter 21: Uncle

“Seven hundred and eighty.”

Su Xiaoxiao said.

Su Ergou was surprised. “Sister, I was the one who collected the money. How did you know?”

Su Xiaoxiao said, “We used twelve for tasting and gave one away. You ate three and crushed six. The remaining seventy-eight cost ten coins each.”

Su Ergou admired her sister so much.

“Sister, did you hurt your brain? Did you recover from the fall?”

Su Xiaoxiao was speechless at her silly brother.

“Sister, are we still selling pancakes tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Are we still heading to Jin Ji?”

Recommended for you
Get a gift!
Get a gift!
When you apply and get approved for a Citi credit card through Moneymax!
Sponsored by Moneymax.PH
“Yeah.”

She would continue to leech off Jin Ji’s traffic.

“Alright!”

Su Ergou was very happy.

Selling pancakes was much easier than extorting money. He could even eat them all the time.

“Sister, I like dried plum vegetables the most!”

It was oily and salty with a hint of sweetness. It was so delicious that he wanted to bite his tongue.

“Is your tongue done?” Su Xiaoxiao asked.

Su Ergou stuck out his tongue a few times. It did not hurt.

He said, “Done.”

Su Xiaoxiao said, “I’ll make you preserved vegetables and braised pork when we get back.”

Su Ergou asked, “What’s that?”

Su Xiaoxiao smiled. “You’ll know after eating. Let’s go to the market to buy some ingredients.”

Business was too good. She planned to make more tomorrow but the ingredients would not last for a few days.

“Miss!”

She had just arrived at the entrance of the market when she was stopped.

She looked up and saw that it was the young butcher.

The butcher jogged over and said with sweat all over his face, “You’re finally here. Otherwise, I was wondering where to find you.”

“Looking for me?” Su Xiaoxiao looked at him in shock.

The butcher smiled in embarrassment. “It’s like this. Do you… have any more of the braised intestines you made yesterday?”

To be honest, he didn’t plan to eat it at first, but it would be a pity to throw it away, so he braced himself and tasted it.

“It’s better than my mother’s.”

Su Xiaoxiao rubbed her chin. “Are you here to ask me how to make braised intestines, or do you want to buy a bowl of braised intestines from me?”

“Ah…”

The butcher was successfully stumped.

Naturally… he was here to ask for guidance on the cooking method. However, after hearing the little village girl’s words, he felt that it seemed a little unreasonable not to buy a bowl.

“Buy, buy… How do you sell it? How much do the braised intestines cost?”

Look, he was stuttering.