5-6

Chapter 5: Lesson

After Su Xiaoxiao placed the sweet potato cake into the steamer, she carried a basin of dirty clothes to the river behind the village.

This was running water that flowed through several villages. Usually, everyone would come here to wash clothes and rice.

It was dawn, but there were already many people washing clothes.

When everyone saw Fatty Su appear with a wooden basin, they all thought that they had seen a ghost!

This lazy woman actually woke up early to work? Were their eyes playing tricks on them, or had the sun risen from the west?

No, Fatty Su must be here to extort money!

Everyone’s eyes were filled with fear. Without waiting for Su Xiaoxiao to approach, they picked up the buckets and ran!

Su Xiaoxiao shrugged helplessly and found a place to squat by the river.

There was no industrial pollution in ancient times. The water source was clean and clear. Even the air she breathed was refreshing.

Su Xiaoxiao took out the clothes and spread them on a large rock. She rubbed them with soap and used a wooden stick to remove the soap from the clothes. She washed them with water and repeated the process.

Recommended for you
These liposuction patches are winning the hearts of the English
Sponsored by WonderPatch
After washing the basin of clothes, Su Xiaoxiao broke out in a sweat.

Su Xiaoxiao carried the wooden basin and walked back. Coincidentally, she bumped into Liu Shan’s eldest daughter-in-law, Little Wu, walking towards the river with a basin of clothes.

Little Wu also saw her and trembled in fear. The wooden stick in her basin fell to Su Xiaoxiao’s feet.

Little Wu was frightened. She wanted to pick it up but didn’t dare to.

Su Xiaoxiao freed one hand and bent down to pick up the wooden stick.

Little Wu hurriedly closed her eyes!

Clunk.

The expected pain did not come.

Little Wu opened her eyes fearfully and looked at the wooden stick in the basin. She turned around in disbelief. Fatty Su had already walked away without saying a word.

“She… just… left?”

… .

In the Su family, the three children woke up.

Su Ergou would sleep until late in the morning, and so would Su Cheng. As for Wei Ting, he was seriously ill and was still unconscious.

No one dressed the three children. They went down barefoot.

They walked around the house. None of the adults could be woken up.

At this moment, the chattering of children came from next door. The three of them walked out curiously.

Liu Shan and his family lived next door.

The eldest daughter-in-law, Little Wu, had gone to wash her clothes. At this moment, the person shouting was the son of the second daughter-in-law, Madam He. His name was Niu Dan.

Niu Dan was seven years old this year and was the only grandson of the Liu family.

“Mother! Put on my clothes!”

“Okay, okay, okay. Wait a moment. Let your father drink the medicine first.”

A few days ago, Father Niu went to the fish pond to dig for lotus roots and sprained his waist. The doctor prescribed some herbs to promote blood circulation.