**********************************************

AADHYA'S POV

I just shake my head and get ready to go for my morning jog. It was a pleasant spring morning and what else calms you than a stroll in the nearby park with many happy fresh faces around. I return home only to find the house still calm but the lights in my Nani's room are turned on which means she is awake already. I run to my room to get ready for my work. I love sarees and choose a navy-blue saree for my bright day. I come down along with my bag to find my Nani instructing Mami something seriously, who looks like she is ready to faint anytime soon (PS: My Nani can be a terror sometimes. LOL). I smile and go towards them.

"Good morning beauties! What's up Dadi? You look extra beautiful today. What's the occasion? Is my Popsy planning to take you on a date?" asks my cousin/bestie Ananya entering the dining room. Both the ladies turn towards us putting a stop to whatever they were discussing, smiling warmly at us and should I add my Dadi has a slight blush adorned on her cheeks. My mami walks away towards the puja room giggling slightly after mouthing us a thank you for saving her from my Nani's lecture early in the morning.

"Chal hatt badmaash. You are becoming naughtier day by day Minnie" says my Nani trying to put on a stern face. "Oho Dadi! Call me ANS or ANU. I'm not a small girl now. By the way, your face tells it all. So now tell me where is Popsy taking you today?" she chirped at her, while I walk away from there shaking my head hearing their banter, to help Mami with the puja arrangements. "Thank God you have come Sweety. I can never change Minnie in this lifetime. Just to avoid doing the work here, she is buttering up Ma now. And I seriously don't understand how Ma warms up to you both in a minute but not to me even after 30 years of my marriage. Sometimes I wonder if I have asked her to give her kidneys to me seeing her expressions" she mutters while adorning the idols with fresh garlands.

I smile at her banters and say "Maybe that's because she is our grandma and we have the privilege to get her love while you get both her love as well as her stern behaviour. Anyways, where is Mamu? I didn't see him in the morning too. He is skipping his jog often now-a-days."

"Uh-oh! Did I forget to inform you yesterday that Arvind and Papa have a very important meeting today. They both were pretty seriously discussing things yesterday till late night. They will be here by afternoon. Do try to come home early. Maybe we can all go out and have some break if you don't have any urgent cases to attend in the hospital. It's been pretty hectic for all of us these last two months with the merger going on" said Mami.

"Oh, yes! Popsy mentioned about it yesterday morning, it totally skipped out of my mind. I'll definitely try to come early as I have a really schedule free weekend as of now. Which company is this merger with?" I questioned Mami though I never really involve in the business discussions much until really needed. "It is the MK groups owned by the Malhotra's'." The name Malhotra has caught my attention. Whom did I know with this surname? I started to think but in vain while Mami continued, "Trust me they are so down to earth and very lovable family. We often met them during the last two months for the merger discussions. They are more like family friends now. They have been waiting to meet you since we told we have a younger daughter too."

I look at her for some time before asking "How come you love me so much Mami to give me a recognition as your younger daughter?" She looked at me startled and asked angrily, "What do you mean by recognition as my younger daughter? Where did you even get that thought from your dumb brain? You are my daughter and that's a fact. What is with these dramatic dialogues in the morning. If truth be told, nobody even believes that Ananya is my daughter, she goes after her Dadi and dad. Look at her once, whereas you are the exact replica of my best friend, your mom. So, whom do I love more? Obviously, you right?" saying so she left to get something for the puja.

I look at the beautiful idol of Lord Krishna and pray for the well-being of this beautiful family. Ananya and Nani enter the puja room, while Mami hands over the puja thaali to Nani. It still amazes me to see how Nani make sures to pray every single day even at her age and looks at Lord Krishna with longing eyes. I know she misses my mom so much but never talks about it with anyone. I wish she opens up at least once in her lifetime. She is a strong and stubborn woman, but everyday during the puja I happen to see her vulnerable side. Is it just me imagining things or do everyone know about it but choose not to talk.

After having a delicious breakfast, I bid bye to Nani and Mami while Ananya runs to pack her backpack. This girl never ever packs her things beforehand. God knows who the poor soul is that will marry her, he is going to have a lot in his bucket. I wait for Anu in my car, while she breathlessly runs and sits before buckling up.

"Dude please make it fast. I'm running late, I need to wake up early from tomorrow at least" she keeps talking what not while I look at her with a bored expression and say, "Don't you get tired repeating the same sentence every single time we leave for work?" She sheepishly smiles and says, "Let me prove myself to you. I will definitely wake up by 5 a.m. tomorrow before you and wake you." "Of course, you would. When did you ever sleep on Friday nights?" I ask her with sarcasm dripping. I drop at her office and drive towards the hospital, planning to return early to have a happy weekend with everyone.

Little did I know that God has other plans for my weekend.......