CHAPTER XVIII

AADHYA'S POV

I was currently pacing around my room at 11p.m. as I am feeling restless and giddy. The sangeet, mehendi and today's haldi were so eventful. Minnie and Viraj did their best in choosing the themes and it was magical. Arush and me had the best time with all the teasing, lots of photos and everyone dancing. Haldi was almost like a Holi and everyone was immersed in the yellow turmeric paste. Minnie chose the pool area for haldi and trust it me it was the best. At the end of the haldi, almost everyone is in the pool, while Minnie decided to push Arush and me too into the pool.

And in 10 hours, I will be married to Arush. I am excited at the same time very nervous. It is probably the pre-wedding jitters. I heard a small knock on my door and went to check who it was. As soon as I opened the door, Arush came inside quickly, closing the door behind him. I was shocked seeing him at this time and silently whispered, "Arush, what are you doing here? What if someone sees you?" He locked the door, came towards me and took me to the balcony. He made me sit on the swing and sat beside me. I looked at him with a confused expression when he said, "Didn't you want me to sneak into your when everyone is asleep?"

For a moment I didn't understand and then realized that I said that when he asked how I wanted our wedding to happen. I felt so happy that he remembered that and is here to fulfil my wish. I hugged him from side and he placed his left hand over my shoulder and pulled me even closer. I laid my head on his chest and said, "I am scared, Arush. I don't know if I will be the perfect wife for you. What if my work at the hospital keeps me busy and you get disappointed that we don't get enough time for each other. Will I be able to treat your parents with the same love they shower on me, throughout my life or will I hurt them unknowingly as I don't really know much about how things work at your home? Will I be suitable enough for the title of the Malhotra's daughter-in-law?"

He smiled at my words and said, "You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Aadhya. I won't say life will always be a smooth journey, but I can promise you this much, we will be together in every up and down. And as far as it is concerned about my mom and dad, they already consider you as their daughter, Love. All you have to do is accept them as your parents, so that you will know what you mean to them. Every parent corrects their children when they are wrong, scolds them for their mistakes, pampers them a lot and most importantly, love them unconditionally, and that is what you will get from them."

I felt better hearing his words and snuggled closer to him as cool wind blew making me shiver. He took me inside, asked me to sleep on my bed, while he turned off the lights except for the bed lamp and covered me with the quilt and softly stroke my head and said, "Just one more night and after that, I will always wake up to your beautiful face. Now calm your heart and sleep, Love. You need to get your beauty sleep. My Queen is going to be the most beautiful bride." He stroked my head softly and kissed me on my forehead before leaving to his room. I smiled at him and slept peacefully without any more thoughts.

I wake up to a soft knock on my door and see it is Mami and Nani. I see it is almost 6a.m. and they ask me to take a bath. I take my time to calm my nerves with the warm water from the shower and then come out in a bathrobe to see Manvitha along with her team of stylists arranging their things on a table set near my vanity mirror. I smiled at her, giving all the jewelry and my dress and Mami leaves from the room along with Nani after informing Manvitha to get me ready by 9a.m. which leaves us with just 2 hours' time. One of them prepped my skin for the makeup, while another started doing my nails and another girl doing something with my hair.

Manvitha arranged my jewelry and dress on my bed and then started to set my bridal bangles. After almost an hour and a half, I am done with my makeup and nails, when Manvitha asked me to change into my lehenga so that the hairstyle doesn't get disturbed and then draped the dupatta with perfection. Finally, after a lot of pulling, plucking and poking with about thousand pins, and then placing the flowers around my bun, my hairstyle is also done.