Leaning towards her I carefully pick her up and she immediately wrap her legs around my hips with a soft shriek.

Holding her firmly against my chest I walk out of the door and walked towards the staircase.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her face in my neck, and for the first time I had fucking goosebumps when her hot breath fanned on my neck. Not the right time Nathan!

Carefully climbing down the stairs I walked towards the kitchen and gently sat her down on the stools by the kitchen counter.

She didn't make any move but just sat there, her eyes following me while I rushed around the kitchen to make her some chicken noodle soup.

Once I was done I poured it in a bowl and set it on the table before sliding on the stool right next to her.

She just sat there, staring at the soup, stirring the spoon around so I gently tugged the spoon out of her grasp and filled it up before pressing it against her lips and she slightly opened her mouth drinking it.

I don't know how long it took me to feed her the soup but for some reason it felt natural, taking care of her felt like a natural instinct to me.

I was wiping her lips when I heard footsteps nearing the kitchen and I could sense her panicking so I rest a hand on hers and she let out a shaky breath.

"Hey look whose awake!" Micah chipper with his big smile and walked towards us and she immediately calmed down after seeing him.

"How you feeling now sweet pea?" He ask while he took a seat next to her and she gave him a subtle nod, but a smile that I would normally see on her face wasn't there right now, she was just staring at her hands with her head low as if she was ashamed.

I don't know what exactly that fucker did to her but I know the wounds are too deep, and against my better judgement I reached for the Midazolam injection that doctor left me.

I wasn't gonna drug her, she would get addicted to these if I continue giving her these, but I can't let her suffer like this either, not when she's got nothing to be ashamed of.

Micah was looking at me confused but I gestured him to distract her and he did, he started talking to her about random stuff in a hushed tone while I rolled up her sleeves and buckle a belt around her forearm tight enough to give me clear excess to her veins and then I gently grip her arm, letting the blue veins under her skin show themselves, and with damn gentle hands, I push in the needle. I don’t miss the scrunch of the wince in her nose but not once does she look away from Micah.

I've known which vein to inject and which not to, I had to use these same injections on me in the past because this was the only thing that silenced my demons. And now I'm using it to silence hers.

But injecting her with these were a million time more painful.

When she finally looked at me, her eyes were glossy and it stinged my heart. I rub an alcohol pad over her arm before unbuckling the belt and rolling down her sleeve.

"It'll help you sleep, come on" I tell her and lean forward to pick her up in my arms.

"Wait for me here" I tell Micah and walk away with my dove snuggled up in my arms.

Climbing up the stairs I didn't miss when she started playing with the hem of my shirt and it just melted my heart into a fucking poodle.

Walking towards the room I carefully kick open the door with my feet and walk in.

Lowering her down to my bed I pull the blankets over her and just like that she was already dozing off into what I hope will be a peaceful sleep.

Pushing the thick strand of black hair off her face I lean down and press my lips against her forehead.