11. Family Reunion

(A.n: just letting everyone know that this chapter gets a little intense

JJ and I go to his house. I sit against a tree while Juno runs to my feet.

"Imma go grab us some beers."
"Bring the pen!" I yell after him.

I hear a noise. Juno looks up in its direction.
"Hello?" I call out standing up slowly.

I hear the noise again. I glance up to the house looking for JJ.

I feel something go over my mouth. Juno starts barking.

I elbow the person and they let go. I turn around and see him. It's my dad.

"No." I mutter.

I'm going crazy. It's not him. I killed him. I watched him die. This isn't real.

"Hey kid, I saw you on the news." He says smiling at me. It's the same smile he used to give me when he would pretend that everything he had done was an accident. 

"This isn't real. I killed you." I mutter backing up. My back hits the tree and I feel my body start to give away.

"You almost killed me. I survived." He says his smirk growing. I shake my head.

I should've stayed longer. Should've made sure he stayed dead.

Juno gets infront of me while she growls at him.
"Fine little guard dog you got there." He laughs.
"Leave me alone." I say while a tear rolls down my cheek.

I feel 12 years old again. Begging him to stop hitting me.

11 years old. Begging him to stop hitting her.

He didn't then, why would he now?

"Oh come on, didn't miss your dad?" He asks opening his arms for me to hug him.
"Fuck you." I say feeling my hands shake.

He's going to kill me. I can't stop him this time.

Before I can process he hits my head against the tree. Everything around me starts to blur.
"Dad, please." I beg going back to those years ago.

My poor little sister, Ellie, begging him to stop hitting me while I stood there, blood rushing down my face.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I hear the voice I recognize as JJ's say. I regain consciousness and see JJ and my dad fighting.

He's going to kill him.

I can't move. I can't scream. I can just sit there and watch.

JJ falls to the floor while dad pulls out a blade and pushes it against JJ's throat.

He's already killed too many people I care about. I'm not about to let him add JJ to the list.

I see JJ's toolbox. I grab a wrench and hit dad with it.

He stumbles back before getting on his feet and facing me.

"Naomi." I hear JJ say. His voice feels like it's in a bubble.

"You're going to kill me?" He laughs.
"I thought I killed you when I was 12, you really think I won't do it now?" I yell.
"You we're just a scared little girl then. You didn't know what you were doing." He says stepping towards me. "You think you're tough now?"
"You think beating scared little girls made you tough? Did killing your wife make you fucking tough?" I yell getting closer to him.

"I should've killed you that night." He says. "I should've thrown you in that water with your sister. You both could've been with your bitch of a mother."