08 | Jay's Turning Into A Snake, Yet He's Still Annoying

Mulai dari awal

"Sounds like a plan," Kai chimes eagerly, taking his notes with him.

"I'm excited to join," Zane agreed, his eyes leaving his book for the first time since the lesson started. As soon as the four of you left the room, Jay walks over to Nya summoning all of his courage and remembering all the advice you had given him.

Be confident, He could hear your voice telling him.

"Uh, hey uh, Nya," Jay calls out nervously. He had failed at the first try and like usual he decided to ignore your advice and said 'fuck it' and did his own thing as he walks closer to Nya. "I'm sorry. The reason I was—you know—I went to Kai because—look. What I'm trying to say is..." Jay stumbles over his words but Nya interrupts.

You had gone back to the room as you had forgotten your phone and unexpectedly had walked in on Jay about to ask Nya on a date, quietly walking back to your seat you were excited to see how all of this would go down.

"I know. It's just a cruel joke," Nya excuses smiling softly at him as Jay shakes his head in disagreement. "I  should be fine. Please, go fight snakes," Nya reassures him.

"No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you," Jay corrected playing with his hands. "Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential," He explains as his eyes meet hers.

"Impress me? But I look so..." She blushes extremely flattered.

"Fantastic," He interrupted, staring into her ocean-blue eyes in adoration. " Look, if you'll let me, I can take you to a big fancy restaurant. You don't have to if you don't want to..." Jay asks but anyone could tell how nervous he was that she would reject him.

"You mean like a date?" She tilts her head, leaning forward excitedly, holding her book close to her chest.

"Um, yeah?" Jay replies with an awkward and bashful smile, his confidence rising.

"Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight," She explains quickly as she left making her way to the door and bid him goodbye.

"Yes!" He shouts in pure joy and accidentally pricks himself on the skeleton. "Ow! Aah! Man," Jay whines.

"Wow I have no idea how you did it but you did it Jay, you finally ask Nya out on a date," You smile proudly, as Jay jumps back in shock.

"You were standing there the whole time?" He shouts horror covering his features.

"I had a front-row seat, lover boy," You smile, but it was not your usual smile, this one is different and he knows it, and it scares him. "You both were looking into each other's eyes so deeply that you did not even see me coming back in," Your eyes glint with mischief.

"You could have helped me instead of just watching me act like an idiot," Jay whines glaring at you slightly as his face grows red from embarrassment.

"Oh, you were doing just fine," You shrugged walking over to the door.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me get ready for the date?" Jay asks changing the subject.

"Why would you ask me?" You raised an eyebrow as you walk out of the room Jay following behind you.

"You know that I cannot ask Kai," He retorted silently, cursing Kai for making him a fool. "Besides you are a girl and you are her best friend so...." You nod in agreement.

"Fine, first get rid of that perfume smell, you do not want to kill Nya, do you?" You told him making your way towards the kitchen. "Also please cure yourself of the Fangpyre venom before you become one of them," Jay roll eyes as you grabbed some fruit.