Chapter 1

We meet new people everyday, who play different roles in our lives, that was the thought that was lingering in my mind when I was still procrastinating about waking up and going to school.
I've drifted off again without introducing myself, my name is Nftombikayise Mbalenhle Nkosazana Mahlangu, yeah I know, my parents were crazy like that giving me three indigenous names but what can we say. I'm 17 years old, I live with my mom, Thobekile, my twin brother, Nkosana, my little sister Khonzokuhle and her twin Khonzani. I'm just your regular girl with brown short hair, I'd like to say I'm fit but people around me don't cease reminding me of the curveous body I have.

After much procrastination my twin barges in my room asking me if I won't be going to school, I just wave him off and say it's period pains which he feels that he also experiences them and wants to remain at home too. After my mom and the younger twins have left we clean around the house and make breakfast. After breakfast I decide to take a shower and then go to the mall since I didn't want to be hearing my twin smashing one of his numerous girlfriends.

After showering I decide on throwing on a white loose tank top, black sweatpants and my black crocs and then head to Eastgate mall. When I arrive, the mall is buzzing with people as it is month end and you would swear that it's not a week day but then it's a Thursday in Johannesburg and I guess it's bound to be busy. I go into one of my favorite stores, Lovisa, and purchase earrings ,  stomach chains, anklets and just to annoy my mom, I also get a nose piercing. After buying few toiletries I head to Mugg and Bean and I order two jumbo muffins and a hot chocolate. When I'm still typing in my phone I hear a baritone voice asking if I mind sharing my table, annoyed I just agree because they guy looks clean and I'm not with anyone.

After sometime I hear him say, 'you sure do know how to ignore someone, I'm Akim by the way'
Embarrassed I quickly place my phone down and reply, 'I'm sorry about that, I was kinda busy but you now have my undivided attention' after saying that he smiles and oh God he has the most perfect teeth not to mention the black lip ring he has.
Just as he is about to speak, our orders come and I'm now being served full English breakfast instead of my muffins, with a glare at him I choose to eat and not cause a scene since it's already packed in the restaurant.

' So what's the pretty lady's name?' he askes while starring intently on my lips.

'Nftombikayise Mahlangu and please stop starring at my lips' I say while licking them in a seductive
way.

'Well since Im the intruder I'll introduce myself, I'm Akim Qhawe Zulu, I am 24 years old, I'm doing my last year year in Medicine at Wits University and I'm the 5th born in a family of 8 and Im also a part time English teacher, painter and tattoo artist and I'm your typical Zulu guy' he says after softly chuckling at my discomfort caused by his starring

'Well that was a mouthful and I'm not very good at with describing myself but I'm 18 years old, I'm a twin and I do engineering subjects at school, I play tennis and I'm tiktoker and yeah I'm just a anti social person so yeah' I say while focusing on my food.

'Waze wamuhle MaMahlangu' he says after us conversing for a while and just before I can respond, the waiter brings the bill, my two muffins in a takeaway bag and my hot chocolate.

Before he can take out his card, I've already paid for it and tipped the waiter and it's safe to say I've harshly bruised the man's ego and instead he insists on taking me home which I politely decline and he gives me his iPhone 14 and say I must enter my digits.

He waits with me for my Uber and just before I can say my goodbyes he kisses my cheek and says 'kodwa wena uyoba umakoti kaMaZulu ekugcineni'. He leaves me feeling a whirlwind of emotions and confused by his words but  I guess what he did is what most typical Zulu men do right?

When I get home, I find my mom back, yeah right just my luck because I and this woman don't see eye to eye, weird right? Maybe not.

"umuntu ogulayo njalo obusy with shopping on a school day ' which means ' this is the same person who's sick who's busy with shopping on a school day ' she says

' Well at least I'm not busy banging someone's daughter under my parents roof'I say while heading upstairs to my room.

'Who the hell are you speaking to in that tone? Huh? Don't patronize me under my own fucken roof, if you think you're old enough, move out  ntombi (girl) you're not forced to live here!' she says  following me to my room.

'I'm not going anywhere, this is my father's house' I say equally vexed as her.

'Well you better start behaving like a child that you are because what I say goes under my roof that I share with my HUSBAND, wait a fucken minute, is that a nose ring I see, umthetho wakho ufuna kungibulala angithi [you clearly want to see me dead]' she says while being on the verge of tears.

' Thobekile save your tears for someone who cares man, and yeah it's a nose ring, what are you gonna do about huh, uzongishaya like you always do, huh, go ahead angikusabi and please get out of my room. [are you going to hit me, go ahead I'm not scared of you]'I say starring at her.

' I'm tired of you uyezwa I'm really sick and tired and I can't deal with someone who thinks she's now grown up in my own house' she says and then bangs the door on her out causing my dad's picture frame on the wall to shatter into pieces.

After locking my door, I decide to roll a blunt to take my mind away from MomZilla's words because believe you me as much as I disrespect my mom and I act like I don't care, I would kill for her and this is my way of hiding what I'm going through by pushing her away.

When I'm still smoking my lungs out, I receive a bank notification,' +650zar deposited in your Absa account by AQ Zulu' and as I'm still processing that , I get a call from an unknown number.

When I answer the call, I hear his voice and he says 'MaMahlangu don't ever do what you did today, ungehlise isithunzi and for that uzokhokha, uyakuthanda Zulu ulale kahle. [you bruised my ego and lowered my dignity and for that you'll pay, you are loved by Mr Zulu, sleep well]' he said that and cut the call before I could even reply and God his voice , his voice played on my mind the whole night.