07 | He's The Best Even If He Has A Mechanical Heart

Start from the beginning

"Hm. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner," Wu began to explain to his students, "In every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop them from releasing the Great Devourer," Wu continues passionately.

"There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?" Zane wonders, placing his hand on Wu's shoulder.

"I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you, boys," Wu breathed wistfully, preparing to tell the story. From how he said 'boys,' you knew you had most likely heard this story before, but you were ready to listen to it again. "Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends," Wu began his story, yet Jay interrupted.

"Wait a minute. Now, I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends?" Jay asks rather dramatically, swinging his arms rather dramatically. You hit Jay's head gesturing for him to be quiet and listen to the story.

"Please, no interruptions," Sensei warns before continuing his story, "You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana," He gestures to the katana wrapped in front of him. "Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself. When my father found him, he was very ill, for he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart, for the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked. The snake is the same one the Serpentine wants to reawaken today. The same snake that took my brother away from me,"

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?" Kai asks, surprised by the story.

"It was all my fault. You five have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the Fang Blades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that hold you back from true greatness. Unlock your True Potential," Sensei instructed, closing and grabbing the red suitcase in which he had packed the katana.

"But how are we supposed to do that, Sensei?" Zane asks, fascinated by everything Wu knows.

"It is up to each of you to discover. Now I must go on a personal journey of my own," He spoke almost sorrowfully, examining your sensei a thought came into your mind, but you quickly got rid of it, Wu would not do that, would he?

"Where are you going?" You question, uncertainty in your voice.

"To a place you cannot follow," He answers shortly, and you fear the worse.

"If you're going for Lloyd, the City of Ouroboros is filled with hundreds of Serpentine. You'll never do it alone," Cole warns Wu, but his attempt to get him to stay was ignored.

"I am going to find someone who can be of aid. The Serpentine has united and grown stronger and we will need all the help we can get," Wu explains, confirming your fear.

"Wu," You call out dropping the title, "You are going after him aren't you," It was not a question, but rather a statement.

"Yes, Y/n and you cannot come with me, I need you here finding everything you can on how to defeat the Great Devourer," Wu orders, and just as he finishes the bounty came to a stop and the five of you knew he had found where he needed to be. "Now come along, I imagine you guys would like to say your goodbyes," You trailed behind Wu, and slowly make your way up onto the deck, seeing the edge of the bounty beside the tip of a large mountain. Nya arrives on deck only a couple of seconds later, ready to bid Wu farewell. You watched as he stepped off the bounty, walking away into the distance.