07 | He's The Best Even If He Has A Mechanical Heart

Start from the beginning

"Ten minutes!" Kai shouts in disbelief, you and Jay made it towards the deck. "He just broke his record. The guy's inhuman!" He announces, looking down at the stopwatch in his hand. Zane's body emerged from the water, smiling and splashing as the four of you cheer for him.

"Amazing!" Cole shouts surprised.

"We're not worthy," Jay awes, bowing.

"I broke the record?" Zane wonders as you glance down at him smiling proudly at him.

"You destroyed it!"

"He more than destroyed it, Kai, he set on a mission to completely buried his previous record," You comment.

"Okay, okay," Jay begins, "Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better," Jay adds, using hand gestures to show how amazing they're. Cole kicks and punches the air in the background clearly in a good mood, which causes you to laugh softly. "Just think about all we've accomplished," Jay finished grinning proudly.

You remember all that the boys have been doing since Lloyd was kidnapped, could you even call it kidnapping if he willingly follows the Serpentine. Regardless, you remember Kai running across several hot coals, Jay spinning on a metal rod in one hand during a Lightning storm and finally Cole attempting to lift a barbell only to add on more weights before lifting it, you also know that Nya was on one end and Jay on the other each with a dumbbell and the latter withholding a chicken platter.

"The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane asks hopefully.

"Trust me guys you haven't reached your full potential, I know what true potential looks like, and you haven't reached it yet, you may have reached peak physical potential but not your true potential," You inform the boys, your older brothers are elemental masters, and they were able to reach their full potential not that long ago. You remember it even though everything else that happened during that night is a blur, you vividly remember how your brothers became one with their elements.

"Y/n, why do you always have to be such a Debbie downer?" Jay asks, giving you a side-eye. You stick your tongue out in response.

"Y/n could be right, and she could also be wrong. So I said we ask Sensei," Cole adds preventing a silly argument before it even begins. The boys head inside in search of Wu. You follow behind wanting to see their reaction, especially Jay, when he realizes that you were right.

"Well, every morning I do five hundred push-ups," Zane told you, showing off.

"Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand," Kai challenges, entering Sensei's room.

"Hahaha, I do a thousand and one," Jay unquestionably lies, you glance at him giving him a 'really?' look. "Y/n shush," You raise your hands in defense, walking away from Jay.

"What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up," Cole flexed, giving you a bold smirk. "Sensei, what does true potential look like if..." Cole began but quickly stop himself and froze on his spot when he notice Wu looking stern and conflicted. The five of you bowed in respect.

"Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you," Zane apologized, watching as Wu held a large katana. He wrapped it up in a red cloth before placing it in a small case.

"I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing," He explains staring off into the distance. "What can I help you with?" He asks respectfully.

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our True Potential? What if we're ready?" Cole questions waiting for Wu's answer impatiently.