Jerbo snorted, stepping back and charging into Edric. They fell to the floor, a soft clank making them perk. Jerbo pushed himself up slightly, eyes widening when he saw the tip of Edric's horn on the carpet. The cat turned slightly, "Oh."

"Edric--"

The cat sat up, holding Jerbo by his waist, "All good! It'll grow back."

"Wh- Your horn!!"

"Yeah it's just keratin." Edric shrugged. "It'll grow back. If not, I can always have it re-shaped."

Jerbo felt the chip, while minor, would injure someone as it was rough. "Hm.."

"Let's go sand it. Dad says it keeps our horns from curling too far back and into our eyes." Edric held onto Jerbo, taking a sharp breath and standing.

Jerbo nickered softly, lightly knocking his head against Edric's, "I'm sorry Hon.."

"Don't worry about Jerbo," Edric's tail picked up the piece. "It happens."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Odalia and Alador were scolded.

Heavily.

By Camilla.

After Luz explained how they met, what happened, what Odalia did and how Alador allowed her to-- Camilla forced them on their knees in front of the hallway, and yelled at them for being nasty, belligerent little- Ahem.

Camilla lightly hit them on the head with her paw, sending them into the kitchen to wash the dishes while she cleaned the dining room. Amity, Edric, and Emira, had not once, ever in their lives, seen their parents bow down to someone.

Hm? No, not even the emperor. Odalia was too proud to bow down in front of an a- Bum. She knew her worth, and that worth was higher than Belos. "Ms.Noceda, how are you so strong?" Edric asked from the top of Camilla's head.

"I had Luz." Camilla said, placing flowers in the vases.

"Hey-!"

"And because I'm a water dog." Camilla hummed. "While I'm not the fastest breed, or the strongest one..I can swim, I can run, and I sure as heck don't get stuck with any issues."

Viney cleared her throat, stepping in front of Camilla, "My girlfriend, please."

"Is everyone here gay??" Camilla lifted Emira from her shoulder. "Ready?"

"Yes, we're all gay." Viney held her arms up, taking her girlfriend. "Thank you."

Amity jumped into Luz's arms, the pup barking, nearly falling back. "Amity! Be more careful!" Luz set her down. "I could've bitten you!"

The kitten drew back, Camilla patting Amity's head, "We're very reactive, Amity," Camilla set Edric down. "It could be an accident, but we might bite you. It's an instinct."

Amity lowered her head, ears pinning back, "....."

Luz sighed, "I'm sorry Amor, I didn't mean to shout.." Luz licked back her fur, picking Amity up. "I wasn't ready, and it spooked me. I'm sorry if I scared you, I really didn't mean to and I don't try hurting you..But I almost did.."

Amity hesitantly leaned forward, nuzzling Luz's cheek, "No, I'm sorry. You've told me before that you react when you don't expect something.." Amity shook her head head. "It can be good or bad, but I have to expect it's bad because you bite anything that moves suddenly.."

"Myself included." Viney chirped, nuzzling Emira.

Amity nodded, Luz pressing her snout against the kitten's cheek, "I know. I should have payed attention better in camp, they would have helped with reactions.."

"No!" Amity wrapped her arms around Luz, nuzzling her cheek. "I like you cause you react! I love you because I love you. All reasons. You're just an awesome girlfriend."

Luz let out soft, low hums, tail wagging furiously behind her. Edric yowled, jumping off of Camilla, skittering around, "Who-" He huffed. "Jerbo! You know pulling my tail gives me the shivers!!"

"I know! But when you get the shivers you-"

Edric jumped into Jerbo, shaking eagerly, "MrrRr~ MrrRrrRrr~"

Jerbo held him tightly, grinning, "You get the zoomies!"

"Zoomies-" Emira perked.

Edric slipped free from Jerbo, zipping around the dining room, Luz setting Amity down. She nearly went to chase him, but paused. Luz shook her head, picking Amity up again and gently grooming her fur. Jerbo and Viney went out after them, Camilla looking to Luz. "Don't you get hairballs?" Camilla knocked on Luz's head.

"Yes! But they're easily spit out." Luz nuzzled Amity's cheek. "Eda gives me cat grass once in awhile so I don't choke."

"Hm?" Eda looked up from her scroll. "Oh yeah, used to take it cause my ex had a bunch of fur. Kitsune, sheds alot."

"Come on Luz, Edalyn's talking about her ex." Camilla nudged her out.

Luz and Amity ooed, "You made my mom mad~"

"You made Ms.Noceda mad~"

"Quit lying mocosas." Camilla ruffled Amity's fur.

"Does that not mean boogies?" Amity shook her head, fur fluffing up.

"In the right context, yes! It also means brats." Luz yipped. "There are so many words like that! Let's go to your room-!"

Luz scurried up ahead, Eda sending her scroll away and standing. She stomped over to Camilla, gently bumping her, "Aren't upset with me are ya? It's just my ex."

"I suppose." Camilla hummed, ears perking. "I've had exes. The last one just happened to be my husband. Luz's dad."

Eda tilted her head slightly, "She was pretty upset the day of his passing.. She didn't go to school and stayed home making flowers.." Eda mumbled.

Camilla's ears went back slightly before drooping, "I shouldn't do this.." Camilla looked to Eda. "You're a nice woman, and I truly thank you for taking care of Luz..But I don't want to force her into taking another parent.."

Eda softened, "No..I understand..Luz doesn't deserve to be hurt that way.."

Camilla shook her head, "Losing Manny was hard on both of us..I don't think she'd want someone to take his place.."

Odalia walked over, "Are you sure? You can't keep her comfort over your happiness.." Odalia glanced back. "When I married Alador, I had to leave my mother..While she was grieving the passing of my father, I had found my source of happiness.."

"Yet you left your mother alone..?"

Odalia nodded, gently taking Alador's paw, "My mother was left to her thoughts and time without my father, pushing her out of her comfort zone.. She met new people, and finally found peace."

Camilla lowered her head, "..I've forced Luz to do too much..I'm not forcing her out of her comfort zone when she's already so happy.."

Eda pat Camilla's shoulder, "Well, whenever you think it's time, I'll be waiting."

Camilla grabbed her tail, lightly clearing her throat, "I'll keep that in mind.."

Yeah. I'll keep that in mind.

To be continued.