In the end, Loran Tyrell was chosen.

House Tyrell, while not as old as many of the other Great Houses since they had been mere stewards a century ago, was a rich house that controlled the most fertile lands in Westeros. Loran was a kind and charming man that made Cecily the new Lady of Highgarden.

"I said raise your swordarm!" Qoren scolded her.

"You also told me to rely on my strengths," Elara reminded him innocently.

"Right, it's my fault that I forgot that I had such a short opponent," Qoren said with a roll of his eyes.

"I'm not short," Elara said with a deep frown. "I'm tall for my age. Right, mūna?"

"I have no part in this," Valyria said, not bothering to hide her amused smirk.

"Mūna?"

Valyria's attention turned to Cassian who sat in his older sister's lap, watching his father and uncle give his other sister sword lessons. Much like Valyria observed the moment he was born, Cassian was slowly growing into the spitting image of his father with dark hair and copper skin. The only feature he had inherited from her were his orchid coloured eyes.

Holding out his arms for her as a signal that he wanted her to pick him up, Valyria obliged. She placed the little prince on her lap as Lewyn took over the sword lesson. Dramatically, Qoren limped over to where they were seated beneath a pavilion that protected them from the harsh sun.

"How the mighty have fallen," she said sarcastically.

"Your daughter is vicious," Qoren complained, plopping down beside her. "I hope you know that you are my favourite, Cyrenna," he added jokingly.

"Oh, I know," Cyrenna smiled sweetly.

Close to reaching their one-and-tenth nameday, the twins were still nearly identical. Their hair remained a golden colour they shared with their late father and their eyes the same shade of purple that Valyria and Cassian had. Viserys often claimed they took after Valyria the most, sharing the same soft features she had in her youth.

Countless times Elara and Cyrenna endured being mistaken for the other – and a few times they tricked people on purpose. Valyria never mixed them up with each other and could never be fooled but on a few occasions they did manage to deceive everyone else in their family.

Although, despite their shared facial features the twins were truly two individuals. Sometimes they moved like a unit and no one could deny that they were close but as the years passed by, they found their own way.

Elara had developed a stubbornness that could rival her mother's. Her manners and poise could impress even the most strict septa when she wanted to but the younger twin had a rebellious side as well. Ever since the first time she rode the Cannibal, Elara fell in love with dragon-riding and at times they could barely get her feet back to the ground.

Cyrenna was without a doubt the calmest and even more well-mannered than her sister. Whereas Elara enjoyed learning hand-to-hand combat, Cyrenna preferred archery when picking a weapon. Fair-spoken and wise beyond her years, it was no wonder why Vermithor bonded with the older Lannister twin when she greatly resembled his latest rider.

"Have you given more thought to Viserys's invitation?" Valyria asked her husband as he leaned back with a goblet of wine in his hand.

Qoren took a sip of wine, "A little."

"Aaand?" Valyria turned fully to her husband.

"No Prince of Dorne has ever visited King's Landing before," Qoren pointed out.