• C H A P T E R - 8 •

Enjoy reading

She was walking unusually slowly, as if her brain was struggling to tell each foot to take the next step, reason; her mind was somewhere else, perhaps clouded with someone else thoughts, wasn't even hard to predict. Her brain was computing all the incidents took place within a short interval of time, making it more complicated to interpret the conclusion.

Her mind diverted from the road to the happenings which occurred in the morning. When she went to washroom, she was red. She never kissed anyone till the date and when Murtasim said that they kissed, something like a screenplay flashed, she remembered this making her flush even more in deeper shade of red. She splashed some cold water to make her a bit calm and came back to check out of hotel.

Meerab at first place knew she somewhere liked him even if by just gesture but she was attracted towards him. But at a point, he was committed to someone, this made her stop giving a second thought to it. But it only grew stronger. The night when was bit tipsy just melt down in his hands, she never felt uncomfortable beside him. She always feel secured and free around him.

Meerab's pov
He's always there. He's my one constant force, my one stability in a world filled with chaos and I so desperately need that in my life. I love him so much for that. I'm in love with him and I can't believe I've only just realised it.

This feeling is foreign, it flew throughout my veins. It's overwhelming, yet makes me feel complete. It has no bound nor length nor depth; it's just absolute. It feels as though I'm in a dangerous fire, yet I'm completely safe at the same time. It feels as though someone is giving me the comfort. It feels as though my heart is dancing around my chest; and a hole, I was never aware was there, has been filled. I feel so light, like I'm on top of the world yet my heart is constricting and it feels as if there's no oxygen in my lungs. He has occupied my soul. How unpredictable was that, their unplanned journey would take a turn like this. Falling for each other within a matter of few days or just say two!

I fall for him, the unexpected person in the unexpected situation. That's all I can say.
Now we're parting ways, he has some plans and goals in future. I even don't know whether he feels something for me or not, but I know he respects girls, he is honest with life, with me.

Meerab looked at Murtasim. He attention was concentrated on road. She shook her head. A vehicle was coming their way, Murtasim was quick enough to react. His hand stretched out to ask for a lift. The vehicle was left with some space only as the family had occupied the seats. They somehow managed to seat. Murtasim on window seat and Meerab beside him.

It was silence that surrounded. He was lost, lost in thoughts making no sound. Ironical to the situation that the family was happily and crazily singing songs. But the singing felt to deaf ears. Meerab who was also singing with them noticed his silence. She wondered where was he lost since morning.

She snapped a finger at him.
"O Mr handsome! Kiske khayalon me dube hue ho? Kahin girlfriend ke ditch karne ke baad marne ka plan toh nhi banaya na?" She teased him hoping that he would say something. Murtasim looked at her with mixed emotions - of pain of loosing her and sad about they couldn't stand together in future.

He didn't answer.
"Ya phir kisi se pyaar ho gya hai?" She said elbowing him. He stared at her. She smirks but inside she was hurt, she was hurt that he would love someone else. He again ignored. Meerab gave him a fake I-hate-you look.

Murtasim felt a weight on his shoulder, he turned to find that Meerab was sleeping and the hairs falling on her face. He deeply stared her.

"Kaash! Main tumhe apne dil ki baat keh pata Meerab... Pata nhi kaise, kab, kyu! Par shayad main tumse pyaar kar baitha!"

He passed a smile and silently took his phone out of his pocket and capture a picture to cherish forever.

___________________________
To be continued...

Now if I'd say that the commited boyfriend turned into the hopeless lover, then this couldn't get wrong.

Who expected that the bride and groom after running together from their marriage will get stuck together with a bond name "Love".

Ek ka pyaar
Dusre ka inkaar
Kya Kar paayenge ye dono
Ek dusre se izhaar?

Hope I expressed their feelings well😐

How's the chapter?

Do vote and comment🖤

Thank you!
Ishq🦊