• C H A P T E R - 1 •

Hope y'all are doing well!🦢

Inline comments are most welcome, it encourages me to write better and good.

Enjoy reading

A girl was sitting near the pool, letting her legs in the water. She seemed to be in deeps thoughts. She sat at the edge of the pool, her image was perfectly mirrored in the water below. She saw her reflection. The edges of the image were a little ruffled where the wind blew on the water and the colours had a bluish hue. It was around five in the evening. Just then a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned around to find Samira, her cousin.

Samira looked at her as she had gone nuts, "Meerab, I thought you were joking in the morning but you still aren't ready for the function. Geez you don't have much time. Just go!!"

"I don't wanna go anywhere, infact if I would get a chance then I'll runaway." Meerab said again looking at her reflection.

"Are you f***ing kidding me? You only said yes to this marriage Meerab! And now you're telling me that you don't feel like marrying him. Who the hell say no to a dream wedding, who doesn't want a perfect groom and perfect location for destination wedding in Maldives and you're getting both of it " Samira filled some sense into her brain.

"It's not like that Samira, I didn't even want to say yes and without my acceptance they said yes to carry forward this family friendship into relationship. And if you're so much interested then why don't you yourself go and marry him." Meerab defended.

"Girl you've gone crazy, you know that right! Today is your mehendi and in two days, it's your wedding!" Samira spoke.

"And what's the problem, you guys are childhood friends." Samira asked.

"We aren't friends, infact we haven't met more than twice that too long back when we were small." Meerab said.

"And I remember he used to tease me by poking a finger on the tip of my nose and calling me angry bird." Meerab huffed in anger.

"That's the reason you aren't marrying him😂" Samira laughed.

"No that's not the reason Samira! I don't feel any connection with him, the feeling which get after meeting your soulmate... You know!" Meerab said dreamingly. Samira snapped a finger at her causing her day dreaming to come at a full stop.

"O madam... You haven't met him for so long just saw his picture and you gets to know that he's not the one. Who the hell feels a connection by just seeing a picture." Samira said as a matter of fact. She picked her phone and opened his photo in gallery and show it to Meerab.

"Kya burai hai isme, kitna smart aur hot toh hai! Ladkiyan marti hai aise ladko ke liye. Aur tujhe toh ye maal free me hi mil raha hai. Aur phir ye arrange marriage hai Meerab, pyaar shaadi ke baad ho jaayega!" Samira assured.

"Listen you just get ready, they must be arriving here any soon. I have some works left, I'll go an complete that otherwise Chachi will kill me." Samira took her phone and left Meerab in her own thoughts.

After sometime Meerab dragged her feet out of water and left too.
____________

Somewhere on a location, a family is travelling with suitcases loaded as if they are going somewhere in wedding. On the front a boy in 20's and back side a mother, father and another boy in his 20's. On the driver's seat there sat a boy again in his 20's. His focus from road drifted when his phone rang, he saw the caller ID, he cuts the call. His phone again rang. This time he was about to cut the call when a voice interrupted him.

"Murtasim who's calling, why don't you pick it? What if it's important?" The lady told him.

He sided his car and pulled a brake. He said he'll be coming after attending the call.

"Why are you calling me at this time? I told you na that I'll be travelling all the way to next two hours." Murtasim calmly said.

"Why are you even marrying her Murtasim? What about us? We love each other. When will you tell your parents about us?" She complained.

"Haya I'm trying na, and I can't talk about us while travelling. Once I reach, I'll confront them. And you have to trust me." Murtasim tried to assure her.

"Murtasim but why do you agree to the proposal, are you thinking to dump me?" Haya accused.

"Listen I told you earlier too that I too didn't about this marriage, my family just told me that we are going to attend a wedding." Murtasim told her.

"But Murt..." Murtasim cuts the call and jogged back to the car.

"Who was it?" Shahnwaaz asked.

"Ah! Nothing important Dad." Murtasim again focused on driving. After half hour his car finally stopped at the destination. They exited. All were welcomed by hugs and wishes.

"Finally you guys are here, I can't believe we're going to be relatives." Aneela said while hugging Salma. They both were floating on nine clouds. Waqar and Shahnwaaz too hugged each other, their excitement was something you would never fail to notice. They broke the hug. Murtasim bent to touch Aneela's feet but pulled back for a hug.

"I'm so happy bachha, you both are going tie in a relationship forever. I know no one will fit perfect for Meerab as you do." Aneela spoke with happiness. Murtasim smiled at her, but he badly wanted to tell them about his ongoing relationship with Haya. Before he could speak something to them, "Murtasim why don't you go and take some rest in your room, you must be very tired." Murtasim nodded as he was really very tired. Their luggages were shifted to thier respective rooms by the butlers.

It was six in the evening and the function is to get start after a couple of hour. The centre of the hall had an open air view, was beautifully decorated, the lights were off, the moon graced the sky as if it had some bright idea, something brilliant needed to shine upon the Earth. It was indeed adding it's beauty to the hall, the white lilies glowed in its reflection.

Murtasim walked towards the entrance while looking here and there as if some thief trying to check whether his path is clear or not. His back bumped with someone's head. They both on their phones' flash and after seeing each other, they both screamed. "You too!"
____________________________

To be continued...

A short story on Meerasim, where the hopelessly romantic Meerab denies to marry Murtasim just because she doesn't get that feeling and the mingle Murtasim who happens to love Haya, doesn't want to marry another girl.

When they both after finding no other way, runaway from their wedding! What do you think will happen?🙄😂

How's it?
Only if you guys finds it interesting then I'll continue. The updates will be regular.

Do vote and comment🖤

Thank you!
Ishq🦊