sept

"Okay." I mumbled and grabbed the list and money from my mother. She just asked me to go grocery even though we still have food and other supplies we need for a living. I grabbed my backpack, I don't know I always wear a backpack wherever I go.

Before I got out I took a look of myself on the mirror. Hair in a messy bun, cropped tops, boyfriend jeans (i don't have a boyfriend tho), and my usual black vans. I nodded at the satisfaction of my looked and headed out, walking my way to the grocery. The grocery's like 30 blocks away from the house so no need for me to use mom's car and the things she asked me buy wasn't so much either. Plus, I missed walking out alone in a breezy afternoon all by myself, haven't had a me-alone walking in a long time.

After some minutes, I finally got in the grocery, it's awfully empty, all you can hear is the low sound of Halsey's Trouble.

Let's cause a little trouble

Oh, you make me feel so weak.

I bet you kiss your knuckles

Right before they touch my cheek.

I hummed along to the song as I walked to the section of canned goods, since mom said we should just need it incase, since she's always out and dad sometimes come home drunk. I don't even know what's happening, I wish my parents would make up though. I sighed as I grabbed a pencil from my pocket and put a check on the side of the 'can goods' written.

"Isabella?" I heard someone call my name and I saw Calum, his hands on the pockets on his jeans, he looks shocked and confused then walked towards me.

Shit, shit shit. I thought. I'm trying to get over him at the moment and he suddenly shows up and I have no one to distract myself to. I don't want to run away from him, that's mean and maybe he'll get suspicious.

"Oh, hi." I said pulling out a small smile then looking again at the thing I was holding, pretending I was observing it or something, distracting myself from the boy that's walking towards me.

"Your mom also, huh." Calum slightly chuckled as he stood by my side and looked at the paper at my hand, reading my mother's handwritten notes.

"Well, that's what mothers do." I stated with a small smile looking at him, and saw he's already looking at me with a smile too. I looked away immediately to avoid his gaze and just looked on the list again.

"Are you just starting or?"

"Yes, I just started you?"

"Wow, I'm lucky because me too. Let's go grocery together." He suggested and I swallowed the lump on my throat.

"Oh, uhm, sure." I mumbled and grabbed some random canned goods and put it on my basket. We stood silent and just got what we needed in the canned goods section when he spoke again.

"Hey, what's with you and Michael?" He suddenly asked that caught me off guard. He noticed?

"We're just friends, why?" I can't stop asking him why because my curiosity strikes once again.

"I just noticed he's always with you and Rhoe, so I just asked." He shrugged. "Are you done? Where are you going next?" He asked, changing the topic.

"Crackers." I stated and shrugged the last topic off my brain.