"I mean it. Both of you get off of me. I'm covered in all this — go away. I want to clean up."

"Then you can't go alone, of course," Lust purred. "I'll take you to the water and help you wash. You must be so tired."

Yeah, courtesy of whose bullshit? And did he think I was stupid? "No, thanks! No, fucking thanks, I know what happens at the end of that story."

"Do tell..."

"No, and leave me alone. I can make my own way there, I don't need your help. Now get off of..."

Only when I finally roused myself from battered, bitter embarrassment did I realize:

... I could see.

Marginally better, that is. Like before, except that time had been only for the briefest of moments. Now, the vague breath-like wisps of color in my vision swam back and forth, like looking through a thick sheet of dark cotton and catching glimpses of movement on the other side. It was unmistakable. Sight. In fact, maybe it was a little better than before. How? Why? What was going on? Earlier, I'd only momentarily seen those faint, almost invisible tinges of ghostly colors, and this time it was even stronger, more long-lasting, all while I—

... Orgasmed, I guess. Right.

Great.

Because that was what all of this had been about, right? Because these demons wanted to pretend that sex was the answer to all of my problems. It had been bad enough dealing with an incubus alone, but was Mammon also ruled by the same urges?

This was a mistake. A horrible, irreversible, irresistible mistake. I let them play me like a fiddle, and I knew it all along but didn't do a thing to stop it. Grumbling? Complaining? Putting up a self-righteous, independent front, what was the point of it all if I gleefully folded every time? What was wrong with me! Every! Time! Why did my brain and body refuse to cooperate for once in my entire life!

I propose that it was not coincidence, but direct cause and effect, Lust had said.

Then we should do it again, Mammon had added. See if it happens twice.

Oh, because it was definitely believable that sex could cure blindness. Of course. Made perfect sense. And I, not being a horny, desperate, lonely idiot at all, obviously, had pretended to entertain their stupid idea when I knew damn well there was no chance of it being right.

What they had guessed couldn't be true, even if my vision really was a noticeable shade better now — multiple shades. That had to be coincidence, or rather incidental. Correlation wasn't causation. It was probably connected, I'd grant that, but it had to be indirect. How could anyone explain it otherwise! Sex with a demon, healing someone? Or reversing a 'toll' for a spell and breaking ironclad requirements of magic? Please!

Yet there could be no mistake. Splashes of dark gray moved across my previous-unseeing eyes, illuminating the darkness and bringing with it stronger wisps of blue and yellow. They flickered in and out of my sight like tiny sparks, living, breathing.

"I—I can see," I stammered, forgetting everything for a moment. All the anger vanished as the light swelled, teasing more of the world just beyond the edge. I reached for my face, fingertips brushing over my eyelids to make sure everything felt intact. Then I prodded my eyes hard, willing them to spit out more of what they had just given me even if it hurt like hell. "I can see some colors now. More of them. And I—I can see things moving. Not clearly, but compared to before, I, I..."

Mammon and Lust had both stilled, silent as the grave while I marveled over the miraculous transformation. The pulsing of the thick length shoved up inside me wasn't exactly ignorable, but at least Mammon wasn't actively trying to pump in and out of me anymore. The same went for Lust, though the familiar pressure resting between my ass cheeks didn't go anywhere, either. Thanks.