Julie's admitted before that she hasn't had much luck with friend groups because they always left her out of things. Wether on accident or on purpose. Us saying that we'll miss her might be a huge thing. I'm glad she has us as friends, and I can speak for everyone when I say that we're glad she's in our friend group.

"Does this camp allow visitors?" Scarlette props her head on my shoulder. "I mean, they have to. How else am I gonna get my supply of pretzels?"

That gets us all to laugh, and Julie promises to try and ship her some if the camp didn't allow it.

"What about me, Jules? I'm your favorite- hook me up with some beef sticks," Jackson pleads, his hair covering his eyes which leaves his pouting lips visible.

"Get your own, fatty" Scarlette pushes his face away, then blocks his face with her own.

"Madaline is my favorite," Julie plays along.

Everyone groans with the exception of Madaline who cheers loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear. We all scoot closer together in a fit of laughs, our bodies huddling over the table like we're having a secret meeting. The thought brings another laugh out of me. I love my friends.

"What are you guys doing after school?" Madaline asks, looking at us individually.

"I'm going to my grandma's with my brothers. I'll probably end up going to knitting lessons while keeping my shit brothers in check," Scarlette mumbles, obviously not exited about the idea.

Jackson pats her on the back as if he feels sorry for her, but that's contradicted from the smirk that's plastered on his face. Scarlette hits him on the head and he cries out about her being his biggest tormenter. It makes me smile and be glad that Jackson can't read minds. I don't know if I'd ever say this to him, but I'm glad his cool persona has worn off a whole bunch. He's more comfortable with us, jokes around with us, and gives us terrible nicknames. I mean, I was just Nabster the other day!

Now that I think about it, Scarlette was the same way. Sure, she wasn't like that for long but still. She didn't seem interested in friendships the first two times I ran into her. The science project was the true start of everything- and we haven't started on it either. I should remind her of that. It's like forty percent of our grade.

"I'm supposed to be with you," Julie says, talking directly to Madaline.

"Looks like Nolan's with me," Jackson pipes up, his devilish smirk now aimed at me. "We're gonna have some real fun."

"Or you could join me to my grandma's," Scarlette suggests, her hands reaching for the leftover fries on Jackson's plate. "She'd kill to have more people available to torture."

I try my best to politely shake my head no, while also doing it quickly. If I'm not ready for Scarlette to meet my parents, then I don't think I'm ready to meet her grandma. They decide everything, and what if she decides that she doesn't like me? I'm not ready for that. I'd be a stuttering fool. Plus, I've never really been with Jackson one-on-one. It'd be good to further our friendship. Not because I'm dating his best friend, and not because my best friend likes him. It's for my own reasons.

"Your boyfriend already picked me over you," Jackson goats, going to give me a fist bump. I slowly bump his fist as Scarlette rolls her eyes at his antics. "What does that say about you, Scar?"

"That your breath stinks," she deadpans, "stop talking before everyone at the table passes out."

Jackson sticks his tongue out, and this time it's Madaline that's patting his back. She throws a discreet thumbs up to Scarlette who winks back. Julie laughs behind her hand, not wanting to add to the burn that he surely felt. I smile at their familiar banter while reminding everyone that we only have five more minutes of lunch.