Chapter ten. First date with a Bridgerton.

The hours seemed to have been ticking by ever so slowly the following morning, Amelia woke up and instantly felt nervous but she tried her best to seem fine in front of everyone that was around her. She didn't want to be nervous in front of her mother or Mrs Phillips would be firing a lot of questions until she got the whole truth and then the secret relationship with Benedict would be ruined in such a short space of time. Amelia was still looking for excuses to go away from the Bridgerton country house for a few hours with Benedict. She trusted her sister with her whole heart but she still needed to come up with a back up plan just in case Phoebe couldn't come up with a excuse and help Amelia get to the stables without any suspicions. How on earth had she ended up in a situation like this once again? She had no idea but she wasn't going to let anything or anybody ruin her secret relationship this time.

All of a sudden Amelia started to remember that her sister was in the same exact situation, Phoebe had fallen in love with a french solider and she had to keep their love a secret also. She looked over at the older Phillips sister who looked like she was deep in thought, she was probably trying to come up with a plan. The two sisters were in their room feeling content and a little bit full after the big breakfast that Mrs Bridgerton had forced them to eat earlier in the morning. The room was silent but it was more of a comfortable silence than a awkward one, Phoebe almost looked like she was day dreaming while Amelia was working on a embroidery project, something that she had been trying to get better at for a long time now.

''Have you heard anything from James since we saw him at the picnic?'' Amelia asked Phoebe, getting rid of the silence as she arched her eyebrows at the blonde beauty sitting on the bed at the other side of the room.

''I have actually he sent out a letter this morning, obviously Elouise had to give it to me secretly or mother would want me to read it out loud for her and I can't do that. He want's to see me in the village which is close to here, he has something important to say to me... I wonder what it could be?'' Phoebe shrugged her shoulders as she went back to being deep in thought, it was clear that she wasn't coming up with excuses to help Amelia at all, Phoebe was thinking about James and what was so important that he had to see her urgently?

''You don't think he is planning on proposing do you? Maybe he want's to talk to you about speaking to father and asking for permission to have your hand in marriage?'' Amelia asked, as she moved her embroidery off her lap and laid it beside her, she was getting a little bit bored of it now.

''Not that I know off, we've talked about marriage before and he want's to wait until everything is all calm in his line of work and of course in France before he settles down. Which kind of upsets me because that can take years but at the same time I can understand why. Besides I don't think I can do with the worrying whenever he's away, worrying about if he's still alive or lost his life in battle.. Not that I don't worry already.'' Phoebe shrugged her shoulders as she let out a soft little sigh, Amelia could see that her sister was already showing defeat over the situation.

Amelia had never fallen in love with a solider and she never planned on doing so, she knew that it wasn't the most easiest relationships in the world, her sister had taught her that. There were times when she could see the sadness and tiredness in her sisters eyes and face, that was before Amelia even knew about James. In that moment she felt sorry for the oldest Phillips sister, all she wanted to do was give her sister the biggest hug in the world but she knew that it wouldn't help. Amelia had never seen her sister this happy and so in love before, she didn't know if her sister would be able to survive if anything was to end her love story with the French solider.

''Anyway, we should probably start getting ready, we could tell mother that we are both off into the village to see everything and do some window shopping, she can't say no to us two spending time together.'' Phoebe gave her younger sister a sad smile as she changed the subject, Amelia was sure that she would get the full details of Phoebe's and James's conversations later on tonight.