Chapter One. Meeting a Bridgerton.

Amelia's brown eyes was too busy watching her older sister waltzing around the room with a blanket wrapped around her pretending that it was a ball gown. Amelia wasn't going to admit it but Phoebe did look ridiculous, the younger sister wanted to laugh but she pretended to keep a straight face as her eyes bounced backwards and forwards, from one corner to the room then the other corner. Amelia couldn't even concentrate on the book that was laid out on her lap, all she just wanted to do was have a few hours to herself and just relax before things became hectic. Of course having a few hours to yourself wasn't a option in this house and Phoebe was indeed prove of that today. 

''Sister, if I was you I would probably take a break otherwise people would think you have lost your marbles and put you in a asylum.'' Amelia finally spoke up after five minutes of watching her sister dance with a imaginary man. 

''Oh, Lia, I'm just so excited we are having our very first ball, a ball that is going to be so beautiful and filled with so many men, I wonder who it will be that will ask me to dance with them. Aren't you even a little bit excited?'' Phoebe sat down next to her younger sister with a excited smile on her face, Amelia couldn't help but to let out a sigh.

''fancy parties, dancing, being social and being around a huge crowd of people just isn't really my thing, it's actually my worst nightmare. Besides, this is your season, this ball is all about you and finding the perfect man for you to settle down with, I don't see why I need to be there too.'' Amelia leaned her head back so that she was looking up at the ceiling and closed her eyes for a few moments. 

''I know that this isn't your kind of thing and that it's not your season until next year but you could do with some practice so that you are prepared. Mothers right this ball will be a great opportunity for you to get out there, meet some new people, dance and just have the time of your life. Once you start to see the fun side of things then you will realise that these balls aren't so bad, could you please just at least try to fit in and pretend to have the time of your life?'' Phoebe didn't ask but she did plead, it made Amelia open her eyes and look at her sister, she let out a sigh of defeat and nodded her head.

''Okay, fine but don't think that I am doing this to satisfy mother, I am only doing this because there isn't any other way out and I'm doing it for the champagne too which sounds wonderful right now.'' Amelia replied with a smile on her face as she gave her sister a little nudge with her shoulder which made Phoebe let out a soft laugh.

''Thank you, if you ever need some air or a few minutes to yourself then we do have a garden, you know, you could always escape out there and I will distract mother.. Now I must go and prepare for tonight and remember you need to try on your dress too. So please try not to be back too late, sister.'' Phoebe stood up from the couch that they had been sitting on, she gave her sister one last smile before walking out of the room leaving Amelia with her thoughts and to now stare out of the window. 

There was a time when the two sisters were really close to one another, they were the best of friends but that was back when they were both children. Things slowly started to change until they became distant and started to hate each other, Amelia had no idea why this happened or even what made the both of them change. Amelia had never admitted it but she missed her sister and how close they used to be dearly, she just hoped that one day they could mend their broken relationship and not just be sisters but also best friends again. The fact that they had a conversation today was a huge improvement but she knew that just in a few moments they would both go back to hating each other and wishing that they were never sisters. Maybe they could all go back to being the perfect family that they once used to be, back to when their mother and father were happy, their brother Adam was home and he would never have to leave again and the sisters could gossip and talk about boys as much as they wanted to. All of these steps into fixing the family are going to take time though, they can't happen over night and at the moment Amelia had a lot of other important things to worry about, for instance the awful ball that her family somehow seem to be hosting.