Chapter 19 - Hate

"You should, you're an asshole!"

"Mia..."

"You cheated on me, and you made me believe I loved you, even when I hated you."

"But, Mia, you told me at my house that you still loved me, but your trust was just broken."

"No, I don't believe you.."

"Babe, please. I recorded you saying it."

"What? Why?"

"To show to your parents. They hate us together. They hate me even more now. I wanted to prove to them that you still love me."

"Okay.. Now where is it?"

"Here," I said, playing the video from my phone. I turned the screen towards her so she could see the video.

"I still love you, Michael..." I heard, so I got the other video up, "Just because I said I love you doesn't mean I'm getting back together with you. It means that I love you, yet I can't trust you, so I'm not getting back together with you.."

"So? Yeah, I said that.. I probably wasn't thinking straight."

"Mia, you were thinking completely straight," I told her, "please don't hate me like you do even with your memory.."

"Sorry, Michael.. I just don't know how you didn't tell me that! You should've told me about it at first, and I wouldn't be as mad. I would still be really mad, but maybe just not as mad as I am right now!"

"Babe, I'm sorry."

"I just want to sleep," she said, turning away from me.

I let her go, and I walked out to the waiting room where Dan still was. I sat on a chair beside Dan and began to cry.

"Michael, you alright? What happened?" Dan wondered

"She hates me, just like the Mia that remembers everything."

"I'm sorry mate."

"It's fine.." I lied. I was still crying. I don't know why she can't see that I love her so much. This is hurting both me and her. We love each other, but our trust is broken.

Soon after that, Dan went into Mia's room right before their parents arrived. They walked over to me and sat down next to me. I was crying and they wondered what was wrong. I was surprised that they actually cared about my feelings, or did they? I don't know, but I told them anyways.

"I told Mia everything that happened. She says she hates me again.. I played the video for her, but she told me that she probably wasn't thinking straight when she said that. She also called me an asshole. I feel so terrible," I paused and sniffled, "I just want her back..." I whispered the last part.

I looked over at them and they were looking at me. They had actually been listening to me. I was surprised. They never listened to me. They thought that everything I said was shit, so they would never listen to me.

"Well, I'm sorry Michael," those words from her mum sort of surprised me. Maybe she was just trying to be nice.

"We're going to go see Mia now. Is she doing okay?" Her father asked.

"Yeah. Other than hating me, she's fine. She might be sleeping. Also, Dan is in there," I told them before they walked back the hallway towards Mia's room.

"Okay.. Thanks Michael," her dad said and walked towards her room. I was left alone and crying once more.