Chapter 16 - Sleeping Beauty

A little less than an hour later, Mia fell asleep. She had been tired, so I told her to go to sleep. I was still sitting beside her. I didn't want her to wake up and be able to see with me not there. I would feel so bad.

So, I sat beside her the whole time. I stared at her mostly, but I was just admiring her. Even though she had casts and bandages and bruises, she was still beautiful, as always.

———

Mia woke up about three hours later and still couldn't see. She turned towards me and reached out for my hand.

"Michael? Are you still there?" She asked.

"Yeah, Mia. I'm still here. And your parents are here too," I told her.

"Really? Mum.. Dad?"

"Yeah sweetie?" Her mum said.

"Mum, I really want to see right now. And I want to remember Michael. I love him. I don't remember much but I know that I love him. Even if he is lying about us dating, I still love him. Ever since I've met him, I've loved him. He's amazing," she smiled, probably forgetting at I was in the room.

"Mia, your parents don't really like us together. They think I'm a bad influence on you," I explained to her.

"Michael is not a bad influence," she stated.

"Sweetheart, we're just watching out for you. We never wanted you to maybe get pregnant or be heartbroken like you were when he cheated on you," her mum mentioned.

"What? Michael why didn't you say anything?" She asked.

"You are confused as it is. I didn't want to tell you everything that went on in our relationship. I don't want to confuse you even more."

"And mum, I bet he didn't mean to, did you Michael? You probably weren't thinking, were you?"

"No, I wasn't thinking Mia. But seventeen-year-old you doesn't understand that. I hope you will once you get your memory back."

"I hope I do too. I love you Michael," she smiled.

"I love you too Mia," I told her.

"Well, I'm still tired.. I'm going back to sleep now," she said, laying her head down.

"Okay babe. I'll be right here when you wake up. I'm not going anywhere."

"You better not!" She joked and laughed a little.

"I promise you, I won't."

"Good," she said and drifted off to sleep.

Her dad whispered to me, "we're going to go home. We'll be back later this morning. Stay with her and watch her please.. We don't want anything else to happen to her."

"Okay," I whispered back and he left. I began to watch Mia sleep once more.