Chapter 10 - The Hangover

Okay, so I don't normally write A/N before the chapter but seriously I can't believe we have come as far as chapter 10! I was not at all serious when I started writing this story but now this is all I think about. A huge thank you to everyone! Enjoy the chapter :)

----------------------------------------

-The Hangover-

I have no idea what shit I did yesterday, but my head feels like it was going to explode. My head was a volcano and I could feel it was ready to erupt. I've had people telling me how much hangover sucks but now that I was having it myself, I can safely conclude Hangover is a bitch!

I looked around and I was in my room thankfully, I silently said a prayer thanking whoever is above for keeping me safe. My phone started ringing and I felt the need to shout loudly. The sound was doing more damage to my brain and ears than a 2 Chainz rap.

I had this strong urge to throw my phone against the wall but I stopped myself and hit the bright green button which blinded me for a second. The moment I heard his voice I cursed loudly in my mind. I can't handle him and his bullshit right now!

"I hope you are having a good hangover!" The cheerfulness in his voice made me want to smash his skull with a green day guitar!

"What do you want?" I was feeling like a zombie ready to attack any human in sight. My head throbbed and my breath reeked of yesterday's alcohol.

"You are late for work, Ms. Shah." I know he must be smirking, he always did that malevolent yet handsome smirk, only if it wasn't owned by Vivaan Kapoor, I'd be able to actually appreciate it.

"I am taking a leave today. Goodbye!" I replied angrily and hung up.
I thought I  heard a little chuckle before I cut the call, but can I really trust a hungover brain?

I looked at the time in my alarm clock and it was 7 a.m. What?! Hell with it, it was stuck, this damn alarm clock was the reason for all my miseries. I looked in my phone and it was 12 noon!

Along with time, I also noticed many missed calls from Skylar and Axel. I decide to call them back later. I needed to do something for my headache first.

I was having a hard time standing up, my head was spinning and I knocked off the glass of water on the nightstand. Shit! I don't think I'm focused enough to clean the glass shreds right now!
I was frustrated with myself. But then I remembered, I never put anything on nightstand..how come there was water on it and that  too in a glass? I'm the drink-straight-from-the-bottle kind of person.

I looked at the wooden nightstand and there were two tablets and a note. I took the note and after staring at it for full 5 minutes I was able to make some sense out of it. In somewhat cursive handwriting were written the words-

Have some aspirin and meet me for coffee at 2.

-V

V..V..? Vivaan!
I almost choked on my saliva when I fully understood the note.. oh god, don't tell me he brought me home last night! He was the reason why I got drunk, the idiot killed the whole damn purpose!

I reluctantly took the aspirin and fell asleep again.

I woke up at 1 feeling much better than before. My head didn't hurt anymore and I could again embrace bright light without wincing.

I read the note again. Why does he want to meet me for coffee? Should I go?

A rational part of my brain said- No, you are not going in devil's den to get tortured.