-Can she do that? That's unacceptable. She can't just add classes the same day. She should notify you in advance.

-It's okay. It's just one class.

-No, I'll talk to her for you. We already made plans."

Orange started shaking:

"I don't want you to get in trouble with a teacher because of me.

-Then I can wait for you. I have all day.

-You don't have to wait. We'll go another day.

-Is it because Astéria is coming too?

-What?

-How did you hear about it?

-I...

-You didn't know?

-I did.

-How?

-She told me...

-And you still don't want to meet up with her?

-I...

-Orange. I have been very patient with you and I understood why you felt bad meeting her but Astéria became someone very important to me and I would love for you two to like each other too.

-I don't dislike her.

-Then we could go eat cake together.

-I really can't meet her today...

-I am disappointed."

And I just walked away feeling Orange lose her composure. I could feel how bad she wanted to run after me but she didn't. I had been doing nothing but pushing her to tell me for days. Why didn't she? What would make her explode? What did I have to do?

I just went for cake with Astéria and invited Saber too. I felt bad disliking her and thought that maybe I could interrogate the both of them together. Maybe that was for the best.

"This place is so nice! I am so happy that you invited me, Poehina."

Saber genuinely seemed to like me and that made me smile. She didn't do anything wrong after all.

"I am glad you like it. I have wanted to come here for a long time. I wanted to come with Orange but she is acting differently lately."

Both of the girls froze.

"What do you mean? asked Saber.

-I don't know... She didn't want to come here with me and I just feel like we are growing apart."

I thought Astéria was going to cry and I had to hold back from laughing. Why couldn't you just tell me the truth? Say it! I was going to torture you until you did.

"I am sure that it's not the case. Orange loves you more than anyone.

-Do you think so? I don't know anymore. She had been my best friend for so many years and I realized that maybe I need to take some distance to look at our friendship."

Astéria was shaking so much that I could feel the table move. Saber wasn't looking any better because she couldn't stop opening her mouth with no sounds coming out.

"I am so sorry, Astéria. Orange didn't want to come because she didn't want to meet you and I feel terrible. I always thought Orange was perfect but maybe I have been idealizing her and seeing that she doesn't want to get to know you because of the rumors, I feel that she is no better than the others who have been bullying you."

I gently took her hand:

"I am so sorry if she made you feel uncomfortable.

-No, it's okay...

-It isn't! You shouldn't let anyone bully you. Not even my best friend."

Saber was taping on the table anxiously:

"I don't think that's the reason why Orange didn't want to meet Astéria. She is a very nice person.

-And what would be the reason then? I don't see any other reason for not wanting to get to know one of my friends. Shouldn't my best friend get to know those important to me?

-Maybe she is just jealous?"

I frowned. Was this Saber's best idea? You had to come up with something better than this. Astéria jealous of herself? How?

"Why would she be jealous?

-I mean... You were best friends for years and suddenly you started being friends with other people."

I shook my head:

"Orange is not the type of person to get jealous.

-Are you sure? Anyone would be jealous if their friend started talking to other people.

-No, Orange doesn't care about me that much."

Astéria suddenly looked up and gasped. She almost broke! I almost got her but she just closed her mouth and went back to looking away.

"And why would she be jealous of Astéria?"

Saber panicked:

"You kissed her!"

Everyone just froze and looked at her surprised. Astéria changed colors and I could feel the warmth from her cheeks from where I was sitting.