Chapter 29

After we bought the dresses, I immediately headed to Poehina's father. I wasn't close to Poehina's family and this was the first time I went to find him myself. I wasn't even sure when was the last time I saw him and completely forgot about his existence. I wasn't even sure I would have recognized him if he wasn't sitting behind his study desk. He was equally surprised to see me and jumped up looking behind me to see if I was alone.

"Poehina?

-Am I disturbing you? I could come back later.

-No, no. Please, sit down."

There was a green couch and I sat down a bit uncomfortable. It was weird being with my "father" because I didn't know him at all.

"I won't waste your time. I will break off the engagement."

My father opened wide eyes:

"I beg your pardon?

-I will break off the engagement with the crown prince.

-Don't you want to be an empress?

-No. I am not qualified for that. And I dislike Alastair very much. I won't spend my life with him."

My father wanted to ask more but he suddenly pinched his lips and looked away:

"Very well."

I tilted my head. Was this going to be that easy? I thought that my father would flip out and yell at me for letting pass such an opportunity. I stared at him for a bit more, waiting for him to say that it was a joke. But he didn't say anything while still not looking at me.

"Don't send the letter straight away.

-Okay.

-I'll tell you when to send it.

-Very well."

I left the study completely lost. Why was my father being all weird about it? He was being so weird that I needed some more time to think it through. Was I not seeing something? Was it better for me to stay as his fiancé? I could sleep on it some more. I suddenly stopped walking. No. I didn't need time to think about it. I should always follow my intuition. I turned right back and ran back to the study before pushing the door open. My father jumped and looked at me his eyebrows:

"Send the letter now.

-Okay."

He was still being very weird and after an awkward silence I just left. Orange was waiting for me in our room and when I walked in she looked at me with worried eyes. But she didn't dare say anything as usual. I thought the way she was looking up at me while holding a pillow was adorable. I really wanted to tease her but it was still a bit awkward after the time she cried. Therefore I just went to take a shower and wash my hair. I was too lazy to dry it and came out with water still dripping. Orange immediately got up and grabbed a towel before sitting down behind me on the bed. I was used to her drying my hair and I closed my eyes feeling perfectly relaxed. I was so relaxed that I slowly started laying back and found myself resting against Orange.

The latter focused on drying my hair worried that I would catch a cold. She loved hugging me and I knew she liked me laying on her but she still froze and after a few seconds she pushed me away:

"Sit straight. I have to dry your hair."

I signed:

"But I am tired.

-You will catch a cold if you sleep like this."

I signed again:

"You are so mean."