Chapter 48

As soon as they disappeared, Astéria turned around and her traits smoothed out. I didn't notice before but now that I had seen her menacing, I felt how warm she really was to me. My heart had to calm down.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded as quickly as the girls.

"I'm fine.

-Are you sure? Do you want to get some fresh air?

-Thank you but I am really okay."

She didn't seem to believe me and wanted to ask more but I told her to go back to her scene. She looked at me before pinching her lips:

"Please call me if you need anything."

Astéria left and I stared at her back for long seconds. However I quickly came back to earth when people called me for help about a fake tree. We really didn't have much time before the open days and all my energy was invested in it for now. It felt like ages but we finally managed to rehearse the play and my pride was a bit hurt seeing that Iris's friends didn't dare disturb the play anymore. I could be menacing too. Why weren't they scared of me like that? Maybe it was for the best. I didn't really care what people thought of me but everything was easier when they liked you and put their guards down.

Seeing the final result, I was really proud of our play but Astéria came up to me at the end of the rehearsal with pinched lips. I could feel that she had something to say.

"Yes?

-Is this the end of the play that you wrote?

-Yes! Do you like it?

-I do. You are very talented.

-Thank you.

-I just had a small question if I may."

I frowned. Why was she acting all shy after almost chewing Iris's friend's eyes out?

"Go ahead.

-Didn't you say that the main character would have a love story at the end?

-Oh, I changed my mind."

Astéria just nodded and we went on. Of course as soon as I went home I told Orange all about the rehearsal:

"It will be incredible! The best show ever created by humankind."

Orange just smiled:

"I'm sure it will be.

-You absolutely have to come see it.

-I won't miss it.

-Great!"

I was beaming but could feel that Orange was holding back from saying something.

"What is it?

-Oh, nothing."

I frowned:

"Orange...

-I... Hum... Didn't you say that you wanted it to be a romance?

-Yes but then we were writing and the plot just felt right like this. Love is not the most important thing in life anyway."

She pinched her lips.

"I understand.

-Did you want it to be a romance?

-I like anything that you do.

-But are you disappointed that it isn't a romance?

-No. I love the story. Really. You are amazing.

-I know."