Chapter 50

"Our characters should kiss."

I agreed with Astéria. A kiss was missing and without wasting a second I grabbed her collar and pulled her down towards me. I only wanted to pretend that we kissed and placed my head in front of the public so they wouldn't see anything but pulled Astéria too hard and our lips collided. I froze because of the surprise and felt my heart skip a beat. However I didn't have time to calm down because the next second Astéria placed her hand behind my head and pulled me even closer, kissing me for real. That was when my heart gave out.

It was my first kiss ever and I wasn't expecting it to be at that moment. I didn't really care who my first kiss was with anyway but it was weird having it in front of an audience. A kiss didn't mean anything and at least I could flex about the fact that my first kiss was with the female lead of this book during a play about her original life. Who wouldn't want that gorgeous murderer to kiss them? I felt happy and at the same time felt my heart ache for some reason. Was I disappointed? Why? I had been crushing on this girl for years. What was missing?

At first Astéria only pressed her lips against mine but soon she parted her lips and placed a hand behind my back pulling me against her chest. I was pressed against her and had no idea what to do with my hands because they were stuck between our bodies and I couldn't move them at all. Not that I wanted to push her away but I still felt overpowered. What was I expecting? This was exactly what I imagined kissing Astéria would be like: making me lose all my landmarks. Astéria's hands on the other hand couldn't stop pulling me closer and I couldn't move my head either because her hand was placed on my nape. Being completely at her mercy I thought I would panic but I didn't. I didn't like being powerless usually and I only felt at ease when Orange was touching me so how could I feel fine being kissed by Astéria? Even more than this, how could I feel good? It felt so good that it was terrifying.

Astéria was kissing me as if I was the person she cherished more on the entire earth. I didn't know how to explain this but feeling her kiss me I felt as if she loved me. She kissed me with such tenderness and her hands were so desperate that it felt as if Astéria had been waiting for this moment her whole life. I knew it wasn't the case but I closed my eyes and accepted the feeling. There was something way too familiar about her proximity which was surprising. It must have been because of the act. I knew that she was only playing a role and that explained why it felt so normal being in her arms. Having understood that, my muscles relaxed completely and I started kissing Astéria back which made her shake. Our kiss didn't last long but as we separated I was already out of breath, my heart beating out of my chest. I had kissed the female lead. I had kissed my biggest crush of all time. Well done me!

Astéria had taken my lips hostage for only a few seconds but it felt as if she had sucked out all my air. It took me a long time to get my breathing back to normal and only after that did I notice that people were clapping slowly. I had completely forgotten about them and couldn't think about anything other than Astéria. Seeing all these people clapping, I suddenly remembered that we had to bow and pushed Astéria away before grabbing her hand and gesturing to the others to come back on stage.

With the lights turned on I noticed that Orange was gone and my heart sunk. Where was she? When did she leave? Was she okay? What happened? I didn't care about what people thought about the play and just ran backstage not even changing before running out to see Orange. Astéria followed me and asked me if I was okay but I didn't answer and just continued running. By the time I arrived at the entrance, Orange, Saber and Azore came out together. Orange immediately grabbed my hands and smiled:

"It was amazing."

I frowned. How did she get here? Her chair was empty just a second before.

"Poehina?"