Net

I left the bar around 2am. I couldn't help but keep looking out for Fort the entire night but after a while, he just disappeared. I came out of the bar and I saw him by the bike lots, with the same fellow I had chased away earlier.

But this guy was kissing Fort and fucker was letting him too. I clenched my fists in frustration as the guy did look shady but since Fort was letting him be, I couldn't say anything.

I just went to my car and drove away, Fort staying on my mind the entire night.

The next day,  I was at work and just as I ended at 6pm, Boss called me.

"I'm meeting Fort for dinner with Noeul. Do you want to join us?"

"Where are you guys going?"

"Fort wants to check out this new restaurant at Thanit Road. I don't want him to feel awkward so decided to invite you. Heard you guys eventually met up yesterday and it was ok."

"Yea. But that's because I owe you. I don't have to come today."

"I agree. You don't want to come? It's ok. See you soon then ok?"

"Hang on! I haven't confirmed a reply. I come. What time do I meet you guys?"

Boss chuckled before telling me to meet at 7pm. I took the spare clothes I kept at work and got a quick shower in at the locker room before I changed and went to meet them at 7pm. Just as I drove in, I saw Fort walking up. He was dressed in a polo t shirt and jeans but something caught my eye.

I saw some marks on his arm, like grip marks. It's like as if someone had gripped him tightly and held on. I looked at it, narrowing my eyes. Fort saw me and just waved his hand in greeting. I went over and as we walked into the restaurant together, I asked him on the marks.

"What's that?"

"Nothing."

"Don't say its nothing. I can see marks on your arm. It's red and looks bad. It's as if someone had held onto you tightly. It doesn't look good. It looks painful."

"Stop asking so many questions. It's nothing to do with you. And I am not obliged to answer you, am I?"

With that, Fort hurried on in first. I just stood there, stunned for a bit. He was being a complete asshole if I may say. Ugh!

I went in and joined them at the table. I sat next to Fort who bristled slightly when I sat down. Over dinner, Noeul happened to notice the marks and he asked Fort on it too. Fort just muttered that he had bumped into someone.

Nothing further was broached on this topic and towards the end of the dinner, Fort and Boss went out to smoke whilst Noeul went to the toilet. I got the bill and decided to join the boys outside. Just as I reached them, I heard Boss ask Fort.

"Did he hurt you badly?! It looks so red."

"It's not so bad. He was prolly drunk. It's ok. I'm ok now."

"It's not the first time Fort. Don't you think you need to tell your mom?"

"Let's not go there Boss. You know her as well as I do. Will she listen? I doubt so."

Boss sighed and I decided to call out to them as I went closer, pretending like I didn't hear the conversation. Boss smiled at me whilst Fort just kept quiet, stuffing his hands in his pocket.

We made casual conversation until Noeul joined us then we all separated to go our own ways. I walked towards my car whilst Fort stood at the entrance, making a call.

"Do you need a ride back?"

"It's cool. I can call for a cab. Doing it now."

"Abit hard, isn't it to get a cab? Let me send you back. Its ok."

"It's cool. I'm not going back home. Going back to the office."

"I send you. Come on." I beckoned my hands towards my car. Fort finally agreed and he got in. It was a quiet ride back and when we got to the office, Fort thanked me before getting out.

I nodded and watched as he went into the building. I was about to drive off but then I saw this guy step up and go towards Fort. He caught up with Fort at the lobby and yanked him angrily. I quickly got out of the car and headed towards them. Fort tried to pull away his hand but to no avail. As I got closer, I realized it was a much older man.

"Hey! Quit it. Let go of his arm now!"

The man dropped it in surprise hearing my voice and both of them turned to see me. Fort's face clouded into an unreadable expression whilst the other man looked amused.

"And whom may you be?"

"Who the hell are you? Quit yanking at his hand."

The man looked amused and stepped away, smiling eerily at me and at Fort before he walked away. But before he left, he looked at Fort and all he said was, "see you at home."

Fort sighed but didn't say anything. I turned to look at Fort who just looked at me angrily.

"I was trying to help you!" I grumbled.

"I never asked for it. Go away."

"Who was that? Why is he hurting you? Did he do this to you?"

I jsut kept shooting questions at Fort. He just glared at me and then walked away leaving everything unanswered. Really fucking asshole.

Before he went into the lift, he looked at me.

"Thank you though. But really, go home. I'm okays."

With those parting words, Fort left, leaving me standing at an office lobby by myself thoroughly confused over this fellow who I just met 2 days ago and yet he seems to be slowly overtaking my mind.