home

5:40 PM

You glanced at your phone a couple of times and sighed. Today was supposed to be a day for you and MK to hang out, but the delivery boy was nowhere to be seen. Hell, he didn't even shoot you a call or text to cancel the session.

Yet here you are, sitting all by yourself in the café, checking your phone and the window constantly for any sign of him. You were desperately hoping that MK realized what day it is and was rushing to get to the café as soon as possible.

6:30 PM

7:00 PM

It's a shame your hopes were gradually crushed into pieces.

7:55 PM.....

Tears began to appear in your eyes as you threw your drink in the trash before walking out of the café. You awkwardly shuffled past other pedestrians while trying to calm the raging anger in your heart. How dare he waste your time again. Yes, you were aware of how busy he was being the Monkey King's successor but that was no excuse to stand you up.

You were so focused on your thoughts that you didn't realize you were walking in the complete opposite direction of your home.

A cold drop of water splashed against your cheek, you looked up and groaned at the sight of the dark clouds above.

Great, just great. You thought as you examined your surroundings. A sharp exhale left you as you tried retracing your steps to get out of the unknown area.

The rain grew heavier and forced you to take shelter elsewhere, thankfully you managed to find a building to take refuge in. It was dark, cold, and empty. A perfect place for you to wallow in your sadness while cursing out that annoying noodle boy.

You took your place on a raggedy couch and curled up into a ball. A shudder ran down your spine as the broken window allowed the chilly air to invade the abandoned space.

Your eyes flickered from the door to the darkest areas of, what you assumed to be, a lounge room. It kind of reminded you of the lounges you'd see in a doctor's office. Something felt off...and you couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A voice purred into your ear.