{Timeskip}

Dealing with the dangers of the cavern system was not hard, and in time the Chaldeans reached the heart of the mountain above them.

Once they stepped foot inside, the walls were no longer confining things into a box like state, instead they gave way for a truly giant chamber like clearing. At the centre of this chamber resided a rather, bizarre structure glowing with energy...

It was a giant monolith of carved stone, the literal heart of this land. And with each 'thump' the monument of rock released a ton of pure magical energy into its surroundings.

Olga: ''T... This is the greater grail? It's an ultra-superior magic reactor!... What the hell is it doing on this island in the far east?''

Romani: ''According to our data, it was built by an eminent family of alchemists called the Einzberns. Apparently they weren't part of the mages association and were entirely made of homunculi''

Rex: ''(And they also gave birth to the cutest tiny murder machine in the world. No joke, Illya deserved better...)

Although fascinated by the structure laying underneath this mountain, a single noise was enough to break their attention away from it...

*Thump*...

*Thump*...

*Thump*...

Slow but steady footsteps echoed through the chamber, with a clanking of metal accompanying them to add onto the foreboding feeling making its way up the Chaldeans spines...

What came out of the shadows to stand atop the monolith of magic, was an image of contradiction...

A person clad in armor wielding a mighty blade by their side, the perfect picturesque look of a knight. Yet there was something uncanny and very wrong about them. Although she looked like a knight, a defender of the innocent, she was far too cold looking to invoke that feeling of kindness, safety, and comfort that fairy tale knights invoke.

Her armor was drenched in black, her skin was pale as a ghost, and even though she said nothing, her presence alone could invoke shivers. There standing before them wasn't a knight in shining armor,  but a cold tyrant with a blade made of pure malice...

 There standing before them wasn't a knight in shining armor,  but a cold tyrant with a blade made of pure malice

Mash: ''That magical output... Unbelievable... Is that really king Arthur?''

Olga: ''She has to be, question is... Why is king Arthur a woman?!''

Romani: ''Its probably because she would not have been able to take the throne as a woman. The earlier ages weren't quite fond of giving women positions of power...''