dark,

♟️

🃏 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵 🃏

❝𝓃𝑜𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓈❞

A/N: there are parts of this chapter that are very dark (for reasons you'll soon read), so keep that in mind before reading. other than that, enjoy! x

 other than that, enjoy! x

ℝ 𝔸 𝕍 𝔼 ℕ

As the nurse begins to draw blood, she avoids eye contact with me. If it was any other circumstance, I probably wouldn't think twice about it. I'd likely believe she was scared of where she is, or who she's doing this for. However, considering she isn't our normal nurse, I think it's because she's been told not to inform me of anything.

"What is this blood test for?" I inquire, as she switches out the vial to begin filling another. I want to tear it out of my arm and smash the damn things against the wall to stick it to Cain, but I don't. There isn't much use. If I did so, they'd just fucking tie me down and get the sample anyways.

"Don Cain wants to ensure that you're not pregnant."

I'm shocked she's allowed to tell me that much, but the sound of it has me rolling my eyes. Of course that's why she's here. "I'm not pregnant," I assure her. "I just had my period. He knows this." I only just lied to him about having bad cramps to help cover for Zayn.

"I'm just doing what I'm told. He asked me to take your blood and run tests for both of you."

"Both?"

"Yes, you and—" she abruptly stops speaking and closes her mouth. "I've said too much. Let me finish up and I'll be off."

Why is he taking Dove's blood too? He's already seen the positive pregnancy test. Does he want to ensure it isn't a false positive? Dove's been having morning sickness for a couple weeks now, she's definitely carrying Adiv's child.

It's just another way for him to force control over the women of this house.

Once this is done with, I'll head over to Dove's room and check up on her. She should know that he's testing her to ensure she's pregnant. I think she deserves to know anything that can affect the baby.

When the nurse has gathered enough blood, she applies a bandage to my arm, tape to the vials, scribbles something on them and then scurries to my attached bathroom to presumably wash her hands. I take the moment to lean forward to read whatever paperwork she has in a folder.