i. official

MADRID, SPAIN
JULY 26 2022

     "Luca, let's go! We're gonna be late!" Sofía down the hall, he had already been in the bathroom for over half an hour and their reservation was in twenty minutes.

All her life, Sofía had gotten complaints that she took too long to get ready. From her family, her friends...others. It was nice for once to be the one hurrying someone else along; she had been dressed and ready for the past forty minutes or so. In his defense though, he had gotten home later than expected.

The Italian man quickly comes rushing towards her as he pulls on his shoes. "Despiace, amore."

"Hm, your hot foreign language isn't gonna work this time." she smiles smugly, taking hold of his hand and pulling him out the door. "If we're late and they don't let us in, it's your problem."

Sofía and Luca had been friends for a while now, having met a little after her last relationship had ended. He was filming a movie in New York one day and they happened to run into each other, they had been actually seeing each other for a little over a month now and Sofía was loving every moment of it.

It helped take her mind off of other things.

Luca was slightly more jittery than usual tonight though, it made her a little worried. Usually when Luca got worried over something, it wasn't something minor. Sofía had brushed it off though, since he had had an audition the previous day and was probably waiting on that callback.

On their walk over, he had started telling about another audition he had gotten a call for in the following weeks, getting really excited as he squeezed her hand every time he mentioned a new script he had liked. Sofía honestly loved it, he was as passionate about acting as she was about music.

Luca had picked his favorite restaurant for their date, surprisingly, it was one that Sofía had never been to before. It was a small rooftop area, decorated with a lot of florals everywhere, it was beautiful. The host leads them to a table at the back, right against the glass railing that overlooked the city.

The Italian holds the chair out for her, helping her push it in gently before he rushes across to his own chair. They quickly glance over their menus, placing their orders to their waiter individually, before thank him and pouring their wine.

"I can't believe you've never been here before." Luca says, taking a sip out of his glass.

Sofía shakes her head at him, taking another look at the restaurant and then out at all the city lights. "I've genuinely never heard of it, it's weird because it's so close to my apartment."

"Well, now you know." he places his hand on top of hers, the touch calming his nerves. "It can be our place, if you like it."

"I already love it."

Their food comes shortly after, the aromatic Italian cuisine feeling mouth watering. Sofía own plate of carbonara steaming hot as the waiter placed it in front of her, contrasting greatly with Lucas steak.

"Have you made any progress on the album?" he asks as he cuts into his food, electric blue eyes gazing tentatively at her.

Sofía lightly scoffs as she thinks about it. "Who knew releasing a debut album was so difficult."