chapter twenty-seven

Start from the beginning

the blonde chuckled, walking towards the chair. instead of pulling out another seat, albedo knelt in front of y/n. his face was a sight to remember — the genuine smile that perfectly matched his dreamy appearance and the happiness hovering over him like the golden rays of the sun.

he's so handsome.

"i would never regret confessing to you. so, you can be mean to me all the time and i'll gladly take everything." he smiled.

suddenly, heat crept up over her cheeks. she was playing high and mighty and then it was all shoved on her face with those simple yet daring words remarked by him. y/n bit the side of her cheek, stopping herself from smiling but miserably failed.

their eyes met and like it was on cue, they bursted out laughing.

***

"today was such a tiring but fun day!" venti exclaimed, stretching his arms. the food finally arrived, it filled the table with its sweet aroma and tasty appearance causing the group of friends' stomachs to rumble in hunger.

"right?" hu tao agreed. "after this, it would be another semester to suffer. can't believe this school year will end soon."

"there will be another year, hu." lumine reminded.

y/n placed the sushi on her plate as she carefully listened to her friends' conversation. strangely, tartaglia took notice of the enemies silence because... for starters, it's weird that they were not fighting when usually them being this close was enough to start the war of the century.

tartaglia sat closer to y/n, offering a suspicious smile. "what're you up to, y/n?"

"nothing much," she shrugged. "why'd you ask?"

"well... ever since you came back with albedo, you have become awfully quiet."

y/n almost choked as she chewed the food. if it wasn't for lumine then the table would wait for her response. "c'mon, there's a time when y/n is quiet and not. she's just probably tired after hours of socializing."

tartaglia moved his shoulders up, "dunno, probably? i just find it weird. she's not this quiet – same goes for albedo!"

"you're so nosy." hu tao argued, brows furrowed. "stop sticking your nose into other people's business."

"other people's business? they're literally my friends."

"there's always a line for you to remember, tartaglia." hu tao rolled her eyes, emphasizing her statement in a matter-of-fact tone, strong enough to make the ginger fall into a deafening silence of defeat.

hu tao smiled at y/n, obviously tartaglia was right. she thought that everyone in this table could notice this unusual silence but she didn't want y/n to be pressured. besides, y/n would probably tell her soon enough.