𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄- 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇 / 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄

I DON'T LIKE THE GOLD RUSH

I DON'T LIKE THE GOLD RUSH. I DON'T LIKE THAT ANYONE WOULD DIE TO FEEL HIS TOUCH. 

Why is he so perfect? So uncontrollably lovable? Who gave him the right to shatter the walls of my heart, the guards and boundaries, all without his knowledge and make me fall in love with him. Hopelessly and desperately in love with him, to the point of where every sense in my body craved him, the taste of his lips, the sounds of his boyish and charming voice, the touch of his warm breath against my ear, the fresh smell of the sea and the pools of his big, ocean eyes.

I hate this. I hate that I'm this in love with him. I hate that he doesn't love me. I hate that I'm not the only one who feels that for him. What right does he have to bend my love in his favour and have it stay there, while he can blissfully pretend that our kiss meant nothing?

I'm holed up in my dorm after school, wrapped in a blanket, huddled with a book in my hands. Piper is out on a date with Jason, so I've got the dorm room to myself. Countering my roomate's aversion to warm lights, firey yellow lights up our dorm tonight. My attempt to distract myself from Percy is complete with the soundscape of Taylor Swift's 'Evermore' album.

This attempt achieves little success. The thought of him, of his eyes that sparkle like the sea in the sun, of his raven hair and the dimpled smile. Of his jokes, which I pretend aren't funny, but have me rolling on the floor eventually. The books words are as if looking through frosted glass because I can't focus on anything other than him. Of his eyes, gleaming, twinkling, like sinking ships on waters so inviting, I almost jump in.

Almost.

I'm not going to let myself fall. Perhaps the after effects of Luke, of the walls I feel around my heart after what he did to me. Or perhaps because liking Percy, being in love with him, is a curse I can't combat, a curse bound to end in tragedy. Then I think of his hair falling into place like dominoes and suddenly I'm not sure. Suddenly, I love the curse on our house of love.

Or my house of love. He hasn't exactly moved in.

Im confused and distraught, truly lost. Even through the haze of the music, my thoughts can't be muffled. They're too loud for me now, reverberating in my head like a laser between in a glass room. I want to cry, but what over? Over a boy who isn't mine? Over my best friend who would willingly give his life for me? Who loves me so much?

Not in the way I want him to, though.

The universe's fucking common sense and care for my emotional stability is apparently hilariously absent today. Hilarious to an outside observer, that is, because the last thing I find funny is Percy knocking on my door.

I swing it open, visibly irritable. "What?!" I intend to snap, but that tone gets lost in my throat at the sight of him. His raven hair is wet and clings to his forehead, from between which peer the bright sea coloured that plague every second of my conscious existence. No fuck that, he even shows up in my dreams. His lips are spread wide and his fucking gorgeous dimples send butterflies fluttering through my chest, up my throat and out in glittery vomit. I fold my arms over my chest, trying to hide how accelerated my breathing becomes at the cut of his jaw, sharp and slim, his perfect teeth bared in a heart throbbing grin, his hands tucked away neatly in his pocket.