𝐒𝐈𝐗- 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋

HE HOLDS HIS HEAD IN HIS HANDS, THE WAY SHIT ALWAYS ENDS

"You dropped my fucking hand! What am I supposed to do with that?" I yell, my throat clogging up.

"You're literally talking about a moment that I don't even fucking remember, Annabeth!" Luke yells, running a hand through his sandy hair, icy blue eyes wide and his hands moving exasperatedly. "You can't be serious!"

"What does that mean?!" I demand, rage, frustration, heartbreak- all rendering my ability to think logically expired. We're in Luke's apartment, and the lights are red, so scarlet- maroon, almost. They were like that when we came in, arguing, chucking our coats hastily, cursing and screaming back and forth. And as I boil over, as I begin to lose my temper one more time with him, the lights stay burning red.  Gone is his sweet disposition and my wide eyed gaze, an entire dynamic built on my fucking mindless adoration, replaced with the whitening of my bloodshot eyes in the vermillion light. But now, staring over him through a sea of silence, I can see we're dead and gone and buried. 

There's a few seconds of silence, my seething crimson blood cools.

"I'm sorry. Let's start this again." He says, exasperated, tired. "What happened?"

I wipe away tears from the back of my hand, sniffling. "What happened is you dropped my hand made me feel stupid and left out in a room full of a bunch of people I didn't know. You embarrassed me and made me look like a fucking clown in front of your parents and your friends. And I'm tired. I'm genuinely fed up. We've been dating for nine months, and every other person in my life has told me get the fuck out of this relationship, but I'm still here because I love you, but you're making it really difficulty by dropping my hand in at a fucking dinner party I sacrificed my best friend's really important swim meet for. So you better fucking start explaining, Luke!"

"Are you done? Are you finished victimising yourself again? Just like you've been doing for months? Are you done making yourself feel like shit over a moment I don't even fucking remember?! Are you fucking done making a mockery out of all the effort I've put into this relationship?! Have you found peace in the fact that I made you who you fucking are, gave you all of this," He points at my body, at my red dress and tall heels. "So Annabeth, before you fucking come at me, try and remember who you're coming for."

"Look at the audacity," I scoff, my rage unpalpable. "The fucking balls you have to gaslight me. I'm not wrong here, Luke. You're my boyfriend, you brought me to the fucking dinner, so it was your responsibility to make me feel like I belonged. Like you'd brought your ever lovely jewel to tell people how much I mean to you. Not just how much my shine reflects off you!"

"You're being selfish."

"OH, I'M BEING SELFISH? YOU KNOW WHAT? FINE, LUKE! I AM BEING SELFISH. JUST LIKE I WAS BEING SELFISH COMPROMISING MY PERSONAL COMMITMENTS FOR YOUR SORRY ASS DINNER. JUST LIKE I WAS SELFISH THAT NIGHT IN THE FOREST, THE NIGHT YOU FUCKED UP, AND YOU FUCKING WENT CRAWLING BACK TO ESTE. THE SAME NIGHT I TOOK YOU BACK EVEN AFTER YOU CROSSED THE LINE! AT LEAST PRETEND TO GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MY DIGNITY-"