After a very awkward meeting and getting the questions out of our heads, I got a call from my mom saying that Laura would be staying at my house for the night. The grown-ups had an urgent meeting to take care of and they wouldn't be back until morning. I thought it would be fun to have a slumber party and asked if I could invite a new friend. She agreed right away when she heard we made a new friend so soon. I asked Nora if she wanted to join us for a slumber party and she was happy to oblige. And that is how we ended up like this.

"I need better friends" I said, dropping my head back on my pillow.

"Says you!" Laura and Nora exclaimed in unison as they started to take pillows to hit.

It soon turned out into a pillow fight and of course, it was very unfair, two against one.

Soon the bell rang and I sprinted down the stairs and straight to the door.

The pizza guy was there and surprised to see someone come to the door that fast. I took the pizza and shut the door on the poor guy and raced back to my room. The girls saw me and just shook their heads at my silliness. But like I said before when I'm hungry, logic gets a kiss goodbye and flies out the window.

We enjoyed eating pizza while watching vampire diaries. I was feeling a little stuffy and decided to go out and I asked if anyone wanted to tag along. Laura wanted to continue watching but Nora agreed. We took our coats and started walking down the pathway not knowing where we were going.

"How far do you like it here?" Nora asked

"The neighborhood isn't bad at all, and well everyone I met is kinda nice." I said, smiling at her.

She smiled brightly and took hold of my hand.

"Hey, let me show you one of my favorite places while growing up" She said, dragging me.

I giggled and just followed her as the full moon shone on us.

15 minutes later we found ourselves at a playground. No one was there but it was nice, I even expected it to be spooky but it felt really nice to feel the breeze and see fireflies dance around us. I was feeling quite jolly by the beauty and just twirled around, my summer dress flowing as I spun. I heard a camera click and saw Nora trying to hide her phone.

"Hey!" I exclaimed playfully as I started to chase her around. No doubt for her tiny size she was a fast runner. I managed to keep up and tackled her to the ground. We laughed and just laid there looking at the stars. It felt wonderful and I actually felt that I could definitely get used to this place.

"Crystal, what do you think of Ben?" Nora asked, making me jolt up from my laying stance.

"What are you talking about all of a sudden?" I asked, confused.

"Look, I know it may sound weird but I'm just curious" Nora said, getting up from her laying stance and crossing her legs.

I stayed quiet. I didn't know what to think. Part of me wants to be friends with him but another part just wants to stay away from him. I didn't want my year here to be ruined just by getting involved with someone. It did make me feel bad but I also remembered that he said he preferred not having anyone annoying bugging him.

"I don't know what to say" I said

"I get it, you still haven't gotten to know him yet. But please don't ignore him just because some brat staked a claim on him. I actually think he wants to be friends with you guys. I mean he revealed to you guys that were family with Edward and I and he never reveals anything about himself." She says holding my hands.

My mind wasn't clear to process this. Is it possible for us to be friends? How far would Amber go just to have him? I don't want to start thinking badly of people, but I mean we were threatened in school on our first day.

"I won't make any promises but I'll try to be friends with him" I said, trying to reassure her.

We just smiled and laid there and watched the twinkling lights.

We were starting to feel quite tired and decided to go back. We got to dust ourselves from any grass that was on our jackets.

"Well, well, well look what we have here boys." We turned around to see a group of drunk teenagers coming toward us.

"Can I have this one, she's quite pretty" One of them said, as they grabbed Nora's arm.

"Stop, you're hurting me!" Nora screamed in pain.

They weren't even listening and Nora was starting to cry from the pain. Without even thinking I raced towards the guy who was holding her and kicked in him in the balls. He immediately let go of Nora and crouched from the pain.

"RUN!!!" I yelled and started to run with Nora catching up pretty fast.

We came across a fork in the road. It would be more dangerous if they caught both of us since they were five of them. I urged Nora to take one side and I take the other but she refused to let me be on my own. I started to hear drunk voices from behind and yelled at her to run as fast as she could and not look back.

With tears in her eyes, she did what I told her and I started to run in the other direction. I ran to the point of collapsing but I valued my life more so I did the best I could. Before I knew with every twist and turn I went through. I ended up in a dead-end alley.

I was panting so hard and my vision was starting to blur. I was coughing hard trying to gain back my breath. I was leaning against the wall behind me and tried to breathe. I heard drunken voices and my heart hammered in my chest. Soon they found me and they didn't look like they were going to play nice at all. One of them had a knife while another had a baseball bat. I was surprised that even in their drunken state they were ready to hurt someone badly.

"Oh, if it isn't the little chick that hurt our friend" The one with the knife said, as they got closer to me.

If my face wasn't white then it was already. I might have looked like a ghost and scared them off, but unfortunately, I didn't.

With every step they took, I started to say my prayers, maybe a miracle would save me. i didn't want to die young. I have a whole life to live.