Chapter 3

Jimin's pov

After reaching home and putting Jungkook to bed, I led myself to the balcony. Standing there while looking at Jungkook makes me worry.
These days, he has been very distant and distorted.

I poured myself a drink and sat on the couch staring at the night sky.

Hesitantly, I called Namjoon hyung,  though I knew he won't be aware of any of this.

On the second ring, he picked up the call ,"Hey Jiminah, what's up so late . You know we have a meeting tomorrow, just sleep and don't be late ."

"Hyung, please hear this out. Have you been in contact with Su-eon after the party?"

"No, I have been busy since then. Why ? If there's anything, call her right away. Why ask me ?"

"Hyung , she is not receiving my calls . And I think something is wrong with Jungkook and her. It's been a week since their anniversary but no tab on her. Don't you think it's weird. "

"Hey, why would you say that ? They are both wise enough to sort out a little fight . Also, isn't she in Daegu at her parents' home as planned. Don't overthink . Besides, if anything went wrong, Jungkook would have shared."

"That's what the issue is . Have you met him since the party ? He's a complete ruin if you look at him. I'll try to ask him ,but please, you also try to reach Su-eon . I have a very unsettling feeling about this."

"Just calm down, will you? They have always been a chaotic couple. It's sure some petty thing they fought for. And yeah, I will talk to her. "

With that, he hung the call on me .
Sighing, I sipped the cold drink .

The next morning, while Jungkook slept soundly, I noticed those bags under his eyes. What has he been doing until now?
As I headed for a bath, his phone rang . It was his secretary,  I told him that Jungkook won't be coming today .
My little fella dearly deserves  some rest.
Unknowingly, I opened the message section , and what i saw was completely unexpected.

Seems like Jungkook was constantly texting Su-eon, but she wasn't replying .
He repeatedly apologized about something sinful he did and begged her to come back . He said everything that happened was an unintentional mistake .

What the hell is going on ? What did he do now?

Now I surely have to ask him more .

After putting his gadget back , I took a cold shower to keep my mind off from unreasonable thoughts.

On my way out of my room, I saw Jungkook tying up his shoes.

"What you doing ? Are you leaving somewhere ?"

"Hyung, it's not a weekend. We have to go to the office.  There's one important meeting today ."

"No need for that. I already applied our leave for today. Let's rest today . I'm not in a mood for work too."

"Why ? If it's so, then I'll head home . Thank you for having me last night . It did help me, though. Alright then."

Jungkook got up and opened the door but stopped when he heard those painful words .

"What did you do make Su-eon leave ?"

Jungkook froze, right where he stood with tears threatening to fall.

"I'm asking you something, Jungkook. I know somethings wrong and I read those messages on your phone. I'm warning you , don't you dare lie ."

No response , he just stood there holding the ajar door .

Damn him .
I swiftly marched on him and pulled him from behind.  As I was about to punch him, I saw tears in his eyes .
This refrained me from hitting him for hurting my sister. 
I dragged him to the sofa and made him sit .

"Will you speak up, or I really have to hit you ?"