Index lll Episode 26

3rd pov (I had not thought I was going to get even 2000 words from the episode, but I got a bit more than and was pleasantly surprised. Here you go, the last episode reaction chapter!)

Accelerator wakes the next day feeling much better, though he also has a bit of a headache and he actually slept through the entire night, something he was not expecting after everything. Touma mutters from his place at the albino's side, cluing the boy into why he had in fact slept so well, his entire body covered in warmth, from his family, literally sleeping on him and since they are with him at all. He had not expected to break down like that the night before, but he can't say he hated it either, because they had all been there for him without question.

It takes a bit of shifting, but he carefully extracts himself, heading out to the kitchen, which is also empty which tells him it is a bit earlier than he thought, but he can manage that, starting on breakfast and making coffee. The smell attracts the adults first, and they exchange amused and concerned looks, before settling at the table. 

"I'm doing much better, so stop with the fucking stupid looks. They helped me, and besides it wasn't exactly planned or anything..." There's a blush across his face as he hands them their coffee and then heads back to the pans to ensure nothing burns since he wants this to be a sort of token of his thanks, given the word itself is a bit much for him still. 

The kids join them next, with Index leading the stumbling kids since she is hungry and had smelled food, but also because she is worried for the albino, who gives her a soft, almost shy smile when he spots her, softening and settling something in her heart. The rest follow her to the table, having seen the exchange and gotten their own little smiles as well once he met their gaze, something in his eyes relaxing them all.

Breakfast is nice and easy, warm and comfortable, despite everything and they head easily into the room for what was likely to be the last time, more than ready to return to their lives and - for most - put into action the plans and thoughts they had. Accelerator is kept in the middle, Touma and Mikoto right next to him, With Last Order and Index resting - one of them carefully - on his legs, with Yomikawa and Yoshikawa settled on Touma's other side and Heaven on Mikoto's, everything ready.

Accelerator is still kneeling on the ground, snow falling around him, the snow closest to him for a good foot soaked in blood, his clothes soaked in various places, blood dripping from his mouth, as well as down along both sides of his face across his eyes. He let's out a wheezy groan of pain, his left eye closed in pain and to avoid getting blood in it, both arms limp at his side. He lifts his head a bit higher, the one eye open remaining determined and bright, alive in a way it wasn't before, his breathing raspy and wheezy. "Are you ok?' A young, female voice rings out, surprise and hope causing him to open both eyes wide. He turns his upper body around in order to look behind him. 'Asks Misaka Misaka concerned by all the-' The tiny girls steps into view, her back the only thing seen, but she is moving and that is more than she was before. '-blood.' She stops a few feet behind him.

"You're ok." Yomikawa sighs in relief and fucking love, because her children would destroy themselves and the world in order to protect the other, but they won't protect themselves in the slightest.

"It worked." Index is almost surprised, but there's more hope and happiness in her voice, because their brother succeeded, and he is of the science, so maybe the two sides can join together somehow.

"You don't sound all that great..." Mikoto observes in worry, because no one's breathing should sound like that, especially not after some of the hits he's taken to his ribs.

"That is also a lot of blood..." Touma frets, wondering where they might find like, orange juice or something in Russia, in order to ensure his idiot brother doesn't bleed right the fuck out.