And I Can't Do This. (Butters x Kenny, No Smut, Pt. 1/?, TW: Funeral, Death)

Quietly, Butters stood by hunched Kenny.

The man at the podium spoke for Karen, standing high and mighty like some holy messenger of god.

Everybody's head bowed in prayer, except for Kenny. His bowed in tears.

Misery, anguish, torment.

He didn't pray to any god, especially for all the curses they placed on his infinite lifetime.

Butters glanced at him after the prayer. Nudged his arm.

Kenny only sniffled.

Butters looked around. None of his friends were here to give support for grieving Kenny. It made Butters angry. Maybe that was the hint that they didn't give half a crap.

Maybe that just added to Kenny's overwhelming distress.

He noticed the way Kenny trembled as the priest preached on.

"Ken?" He whispered.

Kenny didn't respond. He started to cry instead. Not small or quiet tears. Tears of grief and sorrow and pure agony. Tears, thick and rolling. It was pain.

Soon everybody was quiet, only hearing Kenny. Kenny's sobs and angry cries as he babbled like a frightened child. One that knew only a life of torment.

He coughed out muttered words and adjusted the harsh grip on himself, his hair, his arms, settling for gripping his oversized parka in a death grasp. He whimpered like his heart hurt.

His chest heaved heavily, his body rigid as he tried to stay up.

Butters sidestepped to support Kenny, but the other fell forward abruptly. He was silent and still, now. Butters yelped and put a short hand on his back before turning him over. He patted his face, forcefully pinched his eyelids open.

With an ear to his chest, he realized Kenny had died to grief.

He was horrified.