Mama Meldy: "It's okay, it's okay, I can do it, I can do it"

~~
While Sotto and Velasco were talking, when Bong turned around, their beloved mother,  Imelda was already standing on the dais.

Bong: *surprised* "She was able to walk up there." *smiles*

Everyone in the room cheered for Imelda as she walked up the stairs, and Liza giggled while clapping for their Mama Meldy. After some time, Sotto gave Bong the document, and they posed for pictures.

"Mag asawa, couple, couple"
"Si Irene, si Irene"

They smiled for the camera, Bong raised his hand, and everyone else cheered while simultaneously chanting BBM. Imee sweetly hold Imelda's hand, as she is so overjoyed, then Bong kissed their mother. Irene gave Bong a cheek kiss while praising her brother, and Bong showed Irene his winning document with pride.

They came down one by one and Irene was caught as it appeared like she was relishing the moment and humbled by her brother's success. Their family feeling proud of  Bong is evident in their eyes.

Majority Leader: "Yes Mr. President, out of all the excitement we forgot we have to adjourn
Therefore Mr. President/Speaker, on the part of the Senate I move to adjourn this historic joint public session"
Sotto/ Velasco: "On the part of the senate/ house, this joint public/ historic session is hereby adjourned"

After the country's newly elected President and Vice President were announced, they went to the executive lounge to interact with their family and friends in politics. Imelda was additionally flanked by other politicians in the lounge, who were continually congratulating them.

Bong handed Imelda the document, given to him earlier, and...

Mama Meldy: "Wow, I have two presidents" *showing her medallion*

"Wow"
"Two Great Presidents"
"Marcoses"

Bong: "Sa inyo naman ni Daddy lahat ito eh" *raised his glass*

Irene and Yara decided to remain for a while, but they will say depart shortly as they are leaving with Greggy for some matter. Irene and Yara were conversing while they waited in the lounge while seated in a corner.

Yara: Mama, can you believe Lola got it to the rostrum walking without aching? Tita Michelle and I were overjoyed that she had made it through those flights of stairs.
Irene: We all are surprised about it, you know, when we saw her standing, all we could do was cheer for Mommy and gasp in amazement at how strong and happy she looked.

Yara: Well, Mom, it must have been the excitement's adrenaline rush for Lola.
Irene: Absolutely a mother who feels honored to see her child triumph.

~~

Greggy went to the Batasang Pambansa to pick up his mag-ina, and as soon as he got there, Yara excitedly told his dad about what had taken place earlier and how the family had been moved by the proclamation that Bong had been elected as the 17th President of the Philippines.

Yara: Dad, did you know that Lola got to the stage without a wheelchair, she just walked! And, as they took a picture, the cameraman began to call out Mommy's name so that she would be able to be seen in the picture. She even tipped toed and it was so adorable, you missed this moment Dad.
Greggy: *smiling at her* My dear Yara bear, I am so full of your stories, *giggling* I bet you did have fun witnessing your Unc proclamation, baby, *kisses his daughter's forehead*

Irene simply smiled as she watched her daughter talk with enthusiasm to Greg about everything while holding his hand and remembering how it had felt to be back once more.

~end~

"Gaya ng aking sinasabi kama-kailan, Ako ay lubos na nagpapasalamat sa inyong lahat at hinihiling ko na isama niyo ako sa inyong mga panalangin

Pray for me, because when a President does well, the country does well, and I want to do well for this country.

Gusto kong paghusayan and serbisyo na aking ibibigay dahil ito na ang aking katungkulan na ibinigay sa akin ng sambayang Pilipino, mula sa isang matagumpay na Pangulo ay ang isang maunlad na bayan. Samahan niyo ko itaguyod natin ang ating pagka Pilipino"

- PBBM ❤️